Sugar Free Freezies in the Greater Toronto Area

DJB1964
on 6/2/14 1:22 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi Everyone,

I am still in the liquid phase post op and have a craving for some sugar free freezies but have been unable to find any in the various supermarket I have checked in the downtown Toronto area. has anyone out there purchased some recently? If so, where (specifically the store & address)? I need to get my fix!!

Thanks,

Dan

Jiliana2
on 6/2/14 1:41 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I can't say for the TO area, but here in Ottawa, I know people have found them at Giant Tiger and last week, I found them at No Frills for $2.00.

Alternatively, could you get some Kool-Aid and instead of adding sugar, add sweetener, and make your own popsicles? Just trying to brainstorm in case you can't find any. Good luck. I hope someone in TO can chime in!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Mary A.
on 6/2/14 1:42 am

you can always make your own with SF syrups..I use watermelon in the summer

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Catw
on 6/2/14 2:41 am - Arnprior, Canada

Can't say in TO, but Walmart in Ottawa has SF Freezies (The actual Freezie brand, look with the summer stuff that they have at the front doors) so I assume all of them do.  IF you can't find them, make your own.  Either with SF syrops, or something like Crystal light.\

Good luck!

Cathy

Hanneli xoxo
on 6/2/14 4:23 am, edited 6/2/14 4:24 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I just bought Kisko ones an hour ago at Metro... They have yummy sounding flavours! Lime, Strawberry-Banana, blue raspberry! mmmm! I paid $2.99 for them. Theres 18 in the bag and they are long ones! (not as short as a small one and not as long as a jumbo lol) They are in the freezer in my work lunch room so I dont have them in my hand! This is them:

DJB1964
on 6/2/14 5:14 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks everyone. it looks like it i**** or miss. I have tried the Walmarts around downtown Toronto as well as Metro, Loblaws, No Frills, Food Basic etc and no luck. I guess I'll just keep checking... For all that suggested making my own, I have tried using Crystal Light and crushed ice to make slurppies - that's ok. but I like having a frozen treat in small separate and handy packages sp that I can grab what I need when I need it etc.

Dan

Tina G.
on 6/2/14 6:04 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

I bought mine in a case of like 100 for 2.99. I got them at Foodland, got them in Peterbough. Good luck I think I saw them last week as well at Costco, but please don't quote me on that.

Tina

Dave_J
on 6/3/14 10:57 am - Canada

After seeing this thread, I went and picked up two different kinds at Your Independent Grocers and Giant Tiger.  Your Independent Grocers had the ones shown above (78g packets I believe) whereas the ones at Giant Tiger were only 20g apiece for each mr. freeze.  My local Metro also had some as well.

Most Active