1 week post-op food options

Linsie
on 6/1/14 10:54 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

I was just under the impression that the "diet guidelines" booklet was a guideline and not a must follow - that's why I asked. I didn't think my only food to choose from was the list on half a page. I've gotten some good suggestions of things to try from here, thought I'd give it a shot. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/14 12:23 pm

Do you think they give you these menus for the hell of it? They are a must follow or they wouldnt give you them. We can only give you our suggestions however you choose to follow the eating plan is your choice, it is a life change and it doesnt get any easier from here. If you cant follow the simple full fluid diet then you are going to have a heck of a time with the other meal choices. 

Linsie
on 6/2/14 12:33 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Wooah easy there....i asked a simple question and because the guidelines book is called guidelines....i thought it was a guideline. And Fyi it IS a guideline. I called the clinic with food questions regarding food that wasn't included in the book and turns out it's okay. Thanks for your input but you didn't have to get rude. I'm not stupid and I've read the literature.

NorthernStar
on 6/3/14 3:29 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

The foods that are in the guidelines may be suggestions, and obviously the booklet can't list every last food choice, but they are hard and fast rules and it is in your best interest to follow them. The general rules are full fluids for 2 weeks, pureed foods for 2 weeks and then you can start soft foods. If you are bored with what you're eating, by all means you can get creative with recipes (I'm talking SF syrups, different flavours of yogurt here) but do not go outside the guidelines.

I wouldn't touch eggs with a 10 foot pole at one week out. As others have said, they are very hard to digest and I did not even try them until 5-6 weeks out and I experienced the same issues. Srambled eggs may be soft but they are not a fluid, and they are certainly not a pureed consistency.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active