What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Karen M.
on 6/1/14 7:54 pm, edited 6/1/14 8:12 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all,

Was waiting for Barb or Tanya to start the thread but I got.... well, impatient. lol Insomnia. Is. Fabulous.  Last week was kinda ****ty, all things considered (not eating-wise, just life-wise) so I'm looking to Monday as a fresh start. Dr. appointment this morning, need to pick up a few groceries, my son is coming to visit (I think at dinner time, he wasn't clear actually) and we'll see what else the day brings. Supposed to be quite warm but rainy - hopefully it'll spur my gerberas in the garden to survive!

Eats for today:

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, Premier protein shake

S - nothing, I'll be out

L - lettuce wraps with grilled chicken, 1 strip bacon chopped up, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, a little tzatziki (2 or 3, depends)

S - 1/2 cup chili with 3 Triscuits

D - BBQ - chicken breast or veggie burger depending on whether Jesse is still veggie the moment he walks through the door (he tends to find his inner carnivore when he's home), kale/veggie salad, a little dressing

S - handful of grapes, 1 oz old cheddar, 1 oz kielbasa, 3 crackers

Have a great one,

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 6/1/14 9:13 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Karen, Sorry your week was not good last week. Hope this week is better. I am having trouble getting going today. Off to work soon

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s apple

l chili, cabbage salad

s pure protein bar

d meatloaf, salad, brocooli

s cherries

cal 1158, carb 112, prot 79.6

Sunny123
on 6/1/14 9:18 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Hi everyone

B premier protein shake

S mixed nuts

L ham light Swiss cheese roll up

S baby bel turkey pepperette

D creamy curried chicken

cal 1135 carb 45 fat 64 protein 100

Have a great day. 

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 6/1/14 9:58 pm

RNY  5 Years Post Op

Morning

I am glad you got the thread started Karen.....really whoever is up first...please begin the thread....

First night in a long time I was up in the middle of the night....since retiring my sleeping has been pretty good....I woke up hungry so had 2 wasa with PC ham slice.....cant sleep when I am hungry

Up 3 pounds....ughh....yeah I know its likely salt....ate well while north.....and got over 13,000 steps per day.....even knowing all of this intellectually....its **** off

Going to up my water today....if that's even possible as I already drink 2-3 litres per day....and hopefully will be down again to where I started in a few days

STEPS - 13,690

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1 WW whole wheat tortilla

3 slices of PC Blue Menu stone roasted ham

1 TSP of low fat mayo

5-6 cucumber slices

S - 3 slices of PC stone roasted ham

D - 5 oz Parmesan crusted chicken breast

grilled asparagus

1.5 cups of kale salad

S - Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,057,  Carbs - 63 Grams,  Fat - 49 Grams,  Protein - 98 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one   

kristaeb
on 6/1/14 10:54 pm

Morning everyone. Computer was not working right last week. Things are going really good. Enjoying the nice weather..

B- tea, and greek yogurt.

S- baked kale chips.

L- roasted veggies and BBQ chicken.

S- 4 melba rounds and laughing cow.

L- same as lunch..

S- baked kale and some roasted chick peas..

Have a great Monday..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

kellybelly333
on 6/1/14 11:38 pm - Toronto, Canada

Sorry about the crummy week Karen :-(

I ran my second half-marathon yesterday ( I did a separate post about it) and came in 34th in my age group. Super happy about that. And I did it under 2 hours...another proud moment. I'm pretty wrecked today. My head is KILLING me. 

Trying to get a few pounds off to get back to goal (three above goal ATM), but more importantly, less weight is great for better performance for racing. Last year for my full marathon I was 8 pounds lighter, and the difference is very noticeable. 

Since there isn't huge activity today (just some walking to shake out my legs), I will have less food. 

3+ years post RNY

B: protein coffee, goat yogurt mix

L: chicken breast with tzatziki, salad

S: laughing cow and ryvita

D: leftover BBQ chicken wings and drumsticks, salad

S: apple

Totals: Calories: 981 Carbs: 55 Fat: 38 Protein: 118 Fibre: 16 Sugar: 28

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Marny B.
on 6/2/14 12:29 am - Canada
Fresh Start Monday! I like the sounds of that! I had been doing very well. I'd lost 10 pounds of regain. Then the weekend came, and I was extremely busy....and I strayed. This resulted in a 2pound gain or weigh****er/whatever.

Back to the race today!!! My menu will be scant as I try to get back on track. I will not stray! (My mantra for the day).

B- Peach-Mango Protein shake, coffee mid-morning

L- Cream of broccoli soup with chicken added

S- protein shake and/or SF Jello mousse

D- small Tim's chili

**2+ litres of water and all my vitamins

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Karen M.
on 6/2/14 2:18 am - Mississauga, Canada

Everyone deserves a "do over". :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

aprilflowers
on 6/2/14 1:11 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12

After the staff meeting today I'll be heading out for another 8km. Hoping it'll be nice out so I can run through the park and not have to go to the gym. HATE treadmills n ow.

B: 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4cup pumpkin flax cereal, tbsp chia, 1tsp matcha
S: 1 simply protein mini bar, 20 almonds
L: 1 can of tuna, avocado slices, 1/4 cup arugula & spinach, 1/4 cup brown rice, 3tbsp salsa
S: 2 baby bel, a pear
Post workout snack: 2tbsp PB, slice of whole wheat bread, banana
D: salmon fillet, 1/2 cup kale salad, 1 oz 90% chocolate

I may throw in a protein shake to get my protein up. We'll see how I feel.

Totals:
Cals: 1387
Carbs: 136
Protein: 99

Most Active