3 month checkup and 2 NSVs!

19star71
on 5/31/14 4:22 am

I had my 3 month follow up this week.

All of my blood work came back good except my Vitamin A was a little low. The curious part is that my rate of weight loss has increased.  I lost 10 pounds between month 1 and 2, but lost 19 pounds between 2 and 3. Apparently that is not the norm.

The dietician called me "a machine" and suggested that my activity level was high compared to my calorie intake. He has raised my calories to 1000 per day and my minimum protein level to 80g per day.

It made me laugh cause I thought this 'machine' was more of a wind up toy! I'm never going to be a runner or a gym rat, but I walk as much as I can and leisurely swim 2-3 times a week. The nurse chimed in that while higher intensity exercises will help with muscle building and cardio, my lower intensity helps with fat burning. Yet another lesson learned ;)

Ok, on to the NSVs!

NSV #1 --I haven't had a bath in 2 years. I got tired of falling into the full tub and causing a tidal wave. Filling up the tub while already in it, meant the water couldn't get passed my wide hips and butt.

This week I was able to lift myself in and out of the tub enjoy a hot relaxing bath without a drop of water on the bathroom floor!!! Life is about enjoying the little things, but this was big one ;)

NSV #2 was being on a Coach Canada bus. Pre surgery, I always sat close to the front of the bus cause getting through the isle was a nightmare. Bouncing off of each set of chairs as I squeezed sideways.

This week, I walked all the way to the back of the bus, straight as an arrow and clearing every seat! If any of the other passengers had been watching me, they would have been leery of the crazy lady with the permanent smile on her face lol

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Zizzler
on 5/31/14 5:56 am

That is awesome news, keep up the good work

Karen M.
on 5/31/14 10:02 am - Mississauga, Canada

Fabulous NSVs! Makes the whole experience so real, doesn't it. Good for you.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 5/31/14 8:42 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Those are great NSV's. With being at only 3 mths imagine how many more you have to look forward to

Most Active