Protein powder

KathC
on 5/29/14 11:06 am

Hey :) for the life of me I can not find the guidelines set out for choosing protein powder, and the one I have been using for the last year that was made with stevia has been discontinued. So back to the drawing board! Any suggestions?low carb high protein!

My second chance... November 15, 2012

NorthernGem
on 5/30/14 12:49 am - Sudbury, Canada

Premier Protein is the best protein drink I have tried ...and I have tried quite a few of them but this is my favorite Chocolate or Vanilla are both good. I hear they also make Strawberry but I haven't seen any here yet, As for powders and others one you must remember to buy Whey " Isolate " if you have had Weight Loss Surgery 

Here is something I found on the internet that might help you .....

How much protein does the WLS patient need?

Many surgical weight-loss programs recommend between 60-80 grams of protein per day for the adjustable gastric band (AGB), vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) and the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB). The biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (BPD/DS) requires approximately 90 grams of protein per-day to accommodate for the malabsorption associated with this procedure.

These recommendations are for individuals without complications (malabsorptive procedures alter digestion, thus causing the food to be poorly digested and incompletely absorbed). Those with complications will have different protein needs. The exact requirements for postoperative WLS patients with complications are not defined. It is recommended to follow-up with your surgeon and dietitian to assess protein requirements and adequate protein intake.

Referral July 2, 2012 * Ultrasound and Upper GI,  November 12, 2013 * Met Surgeon and Endoscopy, January 29, 2014  *Orientation April 2, 2014 *  Physiotherapist, *Social Worker,  April 25, 2014  * Nurse Practitioner, May 7, 2014  * Nutritionist, May 7, 2014  *Call from Pharmacist, May 8, 2014  * Breast Screening, May 9, 2014, * Sleep Study Test, May 16, 2014  *Surgery Date Fall / Winter 2014* 

OneByte
on 5/30/14 1:53 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

I'm going off the top of my head as the sheet of paper isn't next to me right now.   20-40g of protein per (~30g) serving and < 5g of carbs.

I've been using the chocolate flavoured IsoNatural by AllMax Nutrition. 

KathC
on 6/1/14 12:04 pm

Thank you, now pushing my luck to find one made with stevia :)

My second chance... November 15, 2012

Most Active