Drinks for those Hot Summer Days

cyko_chika
on 5/30/14 6:19 am - Canada

I am pre-op but working on changing my ways. I am looking for iced or slush type drinks to have (low in cal, low in sugar). Any suggestions? Also what about starbucks?

Dale B.
on 5/30/14 9:28 am - Canada

I love the sugar free vanilla ice coffee at McDonald's

Dale

Dale-Referral: October/12 ~ Orientation: January 2/13 ~ Nurse Practitioner:  May 7/13 Social Worker: May 7/13 ~ Sleep Test: May 23/13 ~ Nutrition Class: May 28/13 Nutrition Assess: May 31/13~ Psychologist: June 24/13 ~ Surgeon: August 9/13 ~ Pre-OP: August 28,2013Surgery Date: September 12/13        

Pez
on 5/30/14 10:32 am - Oshawa, Canada

I take real lemon and add one sweetener and sugar free syrup, either cherry or raspberry, fill my glass with ice and then water.  It is delicious and refreshing and my kids are always stealing it from me lol.

redviking
on 5/30/14 10:53 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I drin****d non fat lattes at Starbucks, about 100 CAL for a grande with no sweetener. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

cutekatie
on 5/30/14 10:11 pm
RNY on 05/16/12

It's been mentioned here before that buying an ice crusher/ice slushie maker is a good investment if you like that type of drink.

You can add crystal light, coffee, etc and have calorie free cold drinks.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Karen M.
on 5/31/14 8:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

I bought an ice crusher/slushie maker and it's terrific (Hamilton Beech I think). Makes great crystal light slushies.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

DJB1964
on 5/31/14 11:41 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi Karen,

I am 1 week post op and have started experimenting with crystal light and blended ice to make a "slushie". I am wondering if you could tell me the proportions you use. Mine is inconsistent now - sometimes too strong other times too watery.

Thanks,

Dan

Karen M.
on 5/31/14 9:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I tend to like crystal ligh****ered down a fair bit - I find it too sweet. I make the crystal light in a jug and pour a glassful into the ice crusher container, add ice in the top, and let it go. I'm afraid you'll probably just have to play with it 'til you find what's right for you. You could always freeze crystal light in ice cube trays and use some of those as ice to make it stronger.

Congrats on surgery a week ago - I hope you're doing well!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active