finally got my doc to refer me!!! now the waiting.......

mum2TNT
on 5/29/14 2:16 pm - Oshawa, Canada

Hi everyone, I have been lurking and reading so many good posts for the last few days here.  I was having trouble getting my family doctor to give me a referral, but I went in today and we had a good conversation and she did the referral and says she will support me :)  I was willing to delist her as my doctor, I didn't want to, but I was going to if she gave me a hard time.

I live in Oshawa, so I am hoping I can get into Toronto East........I am thinking I won't get any package for a couple of months right?  AHHHHHHHHH I am so relieved, happy, scared, nervous, excited.....OMG so many emotions and I am just at the referral stage LOL  I bought a treadmill tonight and also just ordered my fitbit one.....should be here in a couple of weeks!!

Look forward to getting to know you all, and continue reading your success stories.

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Patm
on 5/29/14 9:35 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck in your journey. You will probably initially be referred to Toronto western. They do all the pre-op for East Gen, St Mikes and TWH

mynderella
on 5/29/14 9:45 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Congratulations on taking this huge step. :)

So, the thing I see often is people saying something like, "I can't wait for my life to begin".  My advice is don't wait!  You're waiting for a date but your life is happening right now and you deserve to enjoy it.

I know I sound a bit preachy (I apologize) and I don't know you at all but I lost 10 years waiting for a magic day and everyone deserves better!

myndy

Pez
on 5/29/14 10:19 pm - Oshawa, Canada

I'm in Oshawa and had my surgery at Humber, so you could end up there. 

4-Jane
on 5/29/14 10:39 pm - Canada

Love that you bought a fit bit great start to the new you, keep reading and posting and welcome on board

Respectfully Jane
Zizzler
on 5/30/14 8:00 am

Welcome to the forum!  Good for you for persisting with your request for referral. 

sellarsgal
on 5/30/14 11:00 pm - Oshawa, Canada

You will most likely be out of Humber although Toronto East is closer, they send people from Durham region to Humber. You should hear something from the bariatric clinic in about 3-4 weeks. They will give you a date for an orientation. then the ball is rolling! Good luck!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Most Active