What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

Karen M.
on 5/26/14 9:31 pm, edited 5/26/14 9:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Waiting on my Grocery Gateway order - love that company, so convenient. Not up to too much today after a busy day yesterday - still trying to get my house back in order, amazing how much "stuff" I've gathered over the years. Way to go on the pounds down, Barb - proof that it can be done years post-op!

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, Premier protein shake

S - 1.5 oz old cheddar, 1.5 oz kielbasa, sliced dill pickle, 4 Triscuits

L - small flour tortilla stuffed with 3 oz leftover chicken, kale, tomato, cucumber, red onion, tzatziki

S - Premier protein shake buzzed with frozen strawberries and banana chunks

D - BBQ burger with all the fixings no bun, 1/2 cob of corn, tomato cucumber red onion tossed with a little Greek vinaigrette

S - not sure! See if I want/need one

Have a great day!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 5/26/14 9:43 pm

Karen this is so important....the "pouch"....( I hate that word too...but it is the correct term)......

As long as I stick to lean protein first....my pouch limits my eating....and of course to avoid slider foods ... still do all my protein first and then veg if I have room....so a few bites of veg.....I can eat more when dining out as its a longer time period....and if I have wine I drink with my meal which isnt good.....but its only once or twice a week...and I limit myself regardless.....still get a "to go" box as soon as my meal arrives and portion it out...

I would not have kept this weight off without wls.....it is a miracle

Sunny123
on 5/26/14 10:35 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Hi everyone

Going through a lot of work stress right now. Tough business and I am really frustrated right now.

B egg, Canadian back bacon, texmex cheese

S protein bar

L tuna salad melba

S cheese, turkey pepperette

D spaghetti squash with meat sauce

Cal 1245 carb 58 carb 73 protein 85

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 5/27/14 1:56 am

Hi Jo

Just make sure you dont "eat" your stress ok?

Marny B.
on 5/27/14 12:55 am, edited 5/27/14 12:56 am - Canada
Hi everyone! So...I have completed the 5 day pouch test with success! Actually, it ended up being 7 days because I extended the "shakes only" part by 2 days until I felt like I wasn't going to gorge myself on solid food once I started eating again. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, and now I feel in much better control of my eating. What it did for me was remove the cravings I always seemed to be having. I have yet to have any carb from grains back into my diet. I'm a little scared if I crack the seal, I won't stop, so it is protein only for me for a while. The only downside of this whole thing is that I am constipated. I've been drinking 2+ litres of water a day, but not been having a lot of luck.

Eats for today:

B- peach protein shake ( plain greek yogurt, some canned peaches packed in water and SF, a few cubes of frozen mango, water, protein powder and ice)

L- BBQ Chicken Breast

D- Not sure yet. Probably a green veggie and some more chicken

S- SF jello or SF popsicle

2+ litres of water, and all vitamins

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Karen M.
on 5/27/14 10:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Way to go Marny! I was wondering how you were doing - feels good to get the carb ***** off your back for a bit, eh? lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Gabygee
on 5/27/14 1:08 am - Canada

So glad the pouch test worked for you Marny!

Gonna have to do that myself really soon.

Karen is such a good guiding light for us ... thanks honey!

PatM - you are truly someone I would like to emulate!

B - Cheerios, 1/2 banana, large coffee

S - 1% cottage cheese w SF applesauce and SF granola, cup of tea

L - 2 pepperettes, 4 crackers, 21 g cheddar, 1 pear

S - 1 cereal bar w protein, 2nd coffee

D - spinach salad w chicken mushrooms and orange

Patm
on 5/27/14 2:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks. I always thought of you as an inspiration. Good to see you on here.

aprilflowers
on 5/27/14 2:12 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12

Went and tried to get a personal trainer yesterday who wouldn't take me on because my caloric intake of 1050 is "dangerously low" she said I am gaining weight because my body is 'scared'. The nutritionist I saw last week advised me to signifcantly increase my calories as well. This is all a huge mind shag for me. THe anxiety and stress I feel is unreal. They told me since my diet is clean and I eat real food my body won't 'go back to where it was' and that I won't gain weight. But for now avoid the scale because my body will hang on to the extra calories until it "trusts" me again. I'm already at a number that terrifies me (180). What if I step in in a few weeks and see 185, 190, 200????? Ahhh I'm so scared!!!!

So here's my menu. I cringe at the calories

B: 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/4cup blackberries, 1tbsp chia seeds, 1/4 cup bran buds (will buy a complex carb cereal tonight in place of the bran buds)
S: 1 simply protein mini bar, 20 almonds
L: 2 boiled eggs, 1tsp margarine, 1 slice WW bread, 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
S: 2 baby bel and 1 apple
Post bootcamp snack: 2 tbsp PB, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, 1 banana
D: 1 lean turkey burger patty, 1/2 cup kale salad, 1 square 90% dark chocolate

Totals
Cals: 1390
Carbs: 135
Protein: 96

Patm
on 5/27/14 2:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I hear you. The increase in calories can be scary. Try it for a week and see how you feel. If you are exercising a lot you will probably need the calories. For us the calories we burn have little to do with the calories we can eat. For many our metabolism is off. A lot depends on age height and the amount of activity you are doing. Good luck. You menu looks good.

Most Active