What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 5/26/14 7:56 pm

RNY  5 Years Post Op

Morning

Lots on the go today...out to dinner tonight with friends.....down almost 2 pounds overnight.....which is great...but likely means I will stall for a week or so....just have to keep plugging away

STEPS - 6700

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - WW whole wheat wrap

2 slices of Blue menu ham

cucumber and tomato slices

1 TSP of low fat Mayo

S - 2 oz leftover pork tenderloin

D - 4 oz chicken marsala

grilled veg

small amount of greek salad

1 piece of bread

couple bites of mashed potato

S - 2 Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL Totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,079,  Carbs - 83 Grams,  Fat - 33 Grams,  Protein - 106 Grams

All water and vits...more decaf tea and coffee to curb hunger

Have a great one 

Patm
on 5/26/14 9:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. Enjoy you dinner out. Suppose to be another hot day. Whatever happen to spring? I am not complaining I would rather this than the winter we had but it is hard to adjust.

I have become involved with my union at work, The bargaining unit is really interesting. I have a meeting after work tonight. Still debating if I will ride my bike home.

b greek yogurt, go lean, blueberries

s baby bel

l chili, yogurt

s pure protein bar

d ham, pea lentil soup, apple, hummus, carrot

cal 1136, carb 133, prot 106.4

birdiegirl
on 5/26/14 9:30 pm

Wow Pat....I just realized you were more then 3 years out......feels different eh?.....I am so happy I have a  physically normal life now.....I know its forever...the constan****ching what goes in my mouth....but my thin friends do the same......

Karen M.
on 5/26/14 9:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Pssst.... you ARE one of your "thin friends"

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 5/26/14 9:38 pm

lol....I will feel like one of my "thin" friends when I lose this re-gain....my head is really there for this....the big moment for me was sticking to clean eating when I didn't lose for 2 weeks....that got me over the hump mentally....now, I know I am going to get there....and it will take months....but that's OK.....so "only" 21 to go.....when I think about how much I had to lose pre-surgery....it is such a do-able amount

Karen M.
on 5/26/14 9:54 pm - Mississauga, Canada

A totally do-able amount. And completely normal - I don't know too many people who haven't at least wanted to lose 10-20 pounds over their adult years. We are lucky in that we have restriction, as you mentioned in another post, from the pouch that "normies" don't have. For myself, I look mainly at my meal trends and when too many carbs have found their way back into my menu I cut back or cut out for a period of time 'til I feel I have it under better control. Speaking of which, I'll be doing a modified 5DPT in a couple of days - too many carb cravings!

As always, I'm proud of you.

Karen

birdiegirl
on 5/26/14 10:04 pm

Thanks Karen

...re 5DPT.....I have never done this....just went to lean protein and veg.....both require some white knuckling to get thru

Karen M.
on 5/26/14 10:50 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I generally don't do the first 2 shakes only type days but I do enjoy the high protein, no carb re-set. The first couple days are the hardest for sure, carbs really are a *****

Karen

Patm
on 5/26/14 10:48 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Barb. There was actually an error. I am just over 2 years. As Karen has said you are one of my thin friends. Just trying to lose 10 lbs has been a struggle. I realised this morning that when I was 287 I would not let myself go over 300. For me that was just too much. As though at this weight another 13 lbs would make a difference. I think for me right now the number 150 upsets me. Like I have let myself down. But I am getting used to this body and realise that although I do not want to gain more where I am right now isn't so bad. No matter how much weight I lose I will never be a size 6 LOL.

Karen M.
on 5/26/14 10:55 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Pat, not counting my extreme loss-due-to-illness last year (that I have thankfully regained with good health), it took me well into my third year post-op to hit my lowest weight. The body has a mind of it's own sometimes. Just when I would think I was done losing, I would lose some more. Just now, at 8 years post-op, I feel like my body has found its happy place at 120 pounds.

Karen

Most Active