getting discouraged

Delicious_Delilah
on 5/27/14 1:02 am - Ottawa, Canada

You should talk to your clinic about the right amount of calories and carbs for you.  At my six month appointment, they advised me to up my calories to closer to 1300 to 1500 because I was (and still am) working out so much.  They also told me to up my carbs. 

Anyway, I practically fell off my chair when they told me how many calories/carbs I should be eating.  But I have to say, when I did up my calories and carbs -- I did it gradually by adding healthy carbs/protein (like cheese and whole wheat crackers after working out, or a combination of fruit and yogurt), my weight loss actually increased.  And I never really experienced a stall or significant slow down until about the nine or ten month mark.

Good luck!

DD

new_me180
on 5/27/14 12:30 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks DD, I did email the dietician for suggestions and waiting to hear back.

White Dove
on 5/27/14 2:20 am - Warren, OH

The best thing you could do for yourself is go buy an accurate scale and start using it everyday.  Then you will be able to see the changes in your body quickly.  This does not get easier, it gets harder.  What you are doing is depriving yourself of important information. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

new_me180
on 5/27/14 12:31 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I think I'll go over the edge with a scale in my house. I think I'll wait until i'm at goal. Thanks

new_me180
on 5/27/14 5:53 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thank you all for your kind words and re-assurances. I did put in an email to the NUT to see how i can safely increase my caloric intake and maybe see if that will work. I think the thing that has me so worried is after being so big all my life is, i'm just scared to go back to that place and fear of not losing has me worried to bits and the fact i want to have a baby soon has me wanting to lose the weight faster. I know i've done good and i feel great. I can actually look into the mirror butt naked and love my new bod, saggy, wrinkly and all. Maybe i shouldn't be so hard on myself and just enjoy this journey. Thanks again guys, you're the best.

56sunShine14
on 5/27/14 6:14 am

Are you drinking enough water?  This helps move the bad stuff out of your body.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

new_me180
on 5/27/14 6:48 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I drink tons. 3-4 litres a day. Maybe i need to cut back on the weights.

Delicious_Delilah
on 5/27/14 8:10 am - Ottawa, Canada

Yes, muscle weighs more, but it also burns more calories. So I don't think cutting down on the weight training is the answer. Ultimately, it will help you with the weight loss. 

new_me180
on 5/27/14 11:37 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks, this is so confusing. There are so many conflicting pieces of advise out there and it's hard to find out what works for you. I think i'm still trying to figure that out. I hope to crack that code soon. Yeah i can't keep away from the gym either, i think i'm addicted to it now, i was just speaking irrationally, lol.

Corinna H.
on 5/27/14 10:08 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 07/03/13

Oh my goodness - I can feel your pain. I went a good 6 weeks and lost MAYBE 3lbs - but I lost a TON of inches!!! So I can say - keep exercising, you probably need more food, and take measurements!! When the scale is not changing - your body is rearranging!!! Keep up the hard work!

HW: 293.4 SW: 261.4 CW: 161 Referral - Dec 5/12.  Orientation: Feb 21/13. Upper GI and Ab u/s March 7/13. RN, NUT, SW Apr 8/13. 1st appt Dr. Klein Apr 11/13. fu NUT May 2/13. Dr. Glazer May 27/13. 2nd appt Dr. Klein June 3/13. Opti June 19/13. PATTS June 20/13 . RNY - July 3, 2013   

Most Active