getting discouraged

new_me180
on 5/26/14 11:02 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I've been working my butt off at the gym and staying as active as my body will allow me. From my 6 month appointment on 24 April, I had set my self a target of at least 10 pounds to lose for the month. I weighed myself today and I only lost 7lbs. I am so upset and discouraged. This is the reason i don't own any scales in the house. Don't know what else to do, don't think i can exercise much more than i do now. After a few struggles after surgery, i've just managed to bring my caloric intake up to 660-670 from 450-500 within the last few weeks and i regularly take in 60- 75 g of protein. I exercise 5x a week doing cardio fit 2-3x and zumba, also strength train those five days. Maybe i'm exercising too much and not getting enough calories or something else. Honestly i don't know where i'm going wrong. I had set myself a target of 200lbs lost by my 1yr mark and i want to make it happen. Pls help

ARRRG!!! just need to vent, any advise will be greatly appreciated

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/26/14 11:42 am - Windsor, Canada

You are not eating enough.  You should e eating around 800-1000 calories.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

new_me180
on 5/26/14 12:29 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Any suggestions? The handbook from Guelph wants us to eat 

breakfast - protein, carb and grain / i eat:  scramble egg, tbls baked beans, 1/4 banana

snack - 1 oz protein carb(fruit) / cheese, 4-8 grapes

lunch - 1.5 oz protein, carb(fruit or veg), OR grain / usually tuna and cucumbers or chicken breast and cucumber

snack - protein and carb / deli meat or chicken

dinner -  1.5 oz protein, carb, grain / i eat rice, pasta or potatoes 1/4 cup, veg, chicken or fish most of the time. 

snack - protein / boiled egg or left over meat.

Do i add more carbs, protein? According to MFP, i usually consume 30-40 g of carbs and 60-75 g of protein. After meals, i feel stuffed to the gills and i'm just wondering how i will be able to eat more.

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/26/14 8:31 pm - Windsor, Canada

Like they said you are doing awesome but your quantities still are small compared to most.  Add more protein if you can. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

4-Jane
on 5/26/14 12:35 pm - Canada

136 pounds in seven months holy cat fish you are doing great, good job and sorry to hear that you feel discouraged or are wishing it was more.  I'm embarrassed to say I'm not doing nearly as well

Respectfully Jane
new_me180
on 5/27/14 12:44 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks Jane for the support. Wish you well on your journey.

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/14 2:02 pm

Im sorry but I am having a hard time understanding why you are discouraged? You are down 136 pounds in 6 months? Really? and you are discouraged, gee I would be jumping up and down and doing cart wheels. You average 22 pounds a month weight loss, sorry but I just dont get why you are so upset

new_me180
on 5/26/14 3:07 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I lost 35 of that pre op over a some months and 11 on two weeks of opti. I've lost about 90 since surgery(i wi**** was the 136) The reason i'm complaining is i'm working really hard to help maximize my weight loss and the part that got me upset is the 7 lbs lost in a MONTH. I expected more tbh, i'm not going to lie. People who don't move as much as me have already lost 100 lbs since day of surgery. I don't eat crap and keep my carbs to a minimum add to that the complications i've had, i personally feel disappointed. Maybe my expectations were a little too high or i'm trying to lose too much too soon. I know everyone is different but, right now i just can't help how i'm feeling. 

Rebecca S.
on 5/26/14 3:27 pm
RNY on 05/23/14

Perhaps the weight is not going down because you are gaining muscle with all those workouts. Definitely get in that 800 calories a day and I bet that scale will be where you want it or at least close. You are doing great though. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Info Session Aug 15, 2013-Surgery Date May 23, 2014 (281 day process) for my Roux-en-Y gastric bypass experience

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/14 10:17 pm

All I can say is you are doing fantastic, try not to be too hard on yourself, just try to remember you are a beautiful person inside and out, that weight will come off, keep smiling please. HUGS!!

Most Active