1st day of Opti!

michellecowles
on 5/22/14 8:21 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

Well today is the start of my optifast! I havent had my first drink as it is still a bit early. But I made it last night to have ready for this morning. I have my decaf coffee crystals ready, and my pure cacao powder ready! I took the "before" pictures last night! I cannot believe that it is here! The starting to the rest of my life. Last night I was really reflecting on the last 20 years of my life, how I was obese as a kid, and how my family used to praise me with food or scold me by taking food away. It became a very emotional time of reflection because I just cannot wait to start my new life, beginning with the Optifast. I have never been sure of anything else in my life than this surgery, and it is just so surreal to me that I am finally getting my rny soon! I had fought so hard with various family docs who were 'biased' against bariatric surgery, but I didn't give up. Now this is all paying off for me!

I'm sure I'll be on here later this week to tell you my disgust with vile-nilla but in the mean time I am just so looking forward to the changes I am about to see in the near future! 

-Michelle

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

Patm
on 5/22/14 9:39 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck with the start of your journey. I hope you are one of te lucky ones who likes opti

Jiliana2
on 5/22/14 10:21 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Wishing you lots of luck!

Let me know how it goes with the pre-prepared Opti. I was told that it sort of tastes ickier if prepared in advance and it's better to prepare it from scratch each time. I don't have experience with that, but it'd be good to know if you notice a difference.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Needanewbeginning
on 5/22/14 10:31 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Good luck, you will do great! Positive attitude and your ready! 

Hope your opti is ok, my centre said we couldn't make it ahead of time, we were to make it and drink it, not sure really why, but..

I used pure cocoa powder with my vanilla opti, I really enjoyed it, with ice, water and my magic bullet.

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

NorthernStar
on 5/23/14 12:00 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Good luck! The first few days can be tough so hang in there and keep your eyes on the prize. Come back here and post or browse others' stories if you are having a tough time. It will all be worth it. You can do it!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

michellecowles
on 5/23/14 12:36 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

I actually was never told that I couldn't make it ahead of time but I will be calling my centre today to find out! I actually took your advice Annette and used pure cocoa powder with the Vanilla Opti. I actually enjoyed it!!! All you vanilla opti haters dont judge me lol! 

Thanks again for all your words of encouragement. 

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

Most Active