What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

Emjaye
on 5/23/14 3:06 am - Canada

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy in August, but am on a cancellation list for soonest possible. I'm quite concerned about the preparation and you're experience sounds just awful - and scares me!  The doctor sounds like a jerk.  I've had 2 before, 5 years apart, this will be the first post surgery.  My doctor did the previous 2 and she gave me special instructions for this time post gastric bypass surgery:  no solids 2 days before, only protein shakes, and Picosalex to take - one sachet the night before prep day, along with Dulcolax, and 2 to take on prep day along with the clear liquids and jello.  She is on the same floor/location as the bariatric unit in Toronto Western.

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

Patm
on 5/23/14 3:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

This sounds a lot better than mine. I took 2 senokot 2 days before at bed time and 3 more the next morning. The stuff I took was a liquid. Sorry I do not remember the name but it was premixed in small bottles. In less than one hour of the first bottle it created diarrhea which continued for quite some time. The day before I was allowed to eat normal but no seeds until lunch then broth.

I think the doctor you have is more in tune with WLS and has given you a better regiment. On the plus side you get to see what they see on a screen.

Sunny123
on 5/22/14 10:28 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Wow Pat, that must have been horrible.

Off to Ottawa again today to get our son.

B oatmeal w/milk

S protein bar

L ham cheese

S cheese string turkey pepperette

D roast gravy asparagus potato  

cal 1187 carb 57 fat 36 protein 79

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Karen M.
on 5/22/14 11:26 pm, edited 5/22/14 11:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day out there! Plan is to walk to the garden centre to pick up plants, will get a ride home obviously. lol  I don't plant much as I have a backyard the size of a postage stamp pretty much but I'm doing tomatoes, a herb garden, annuals for pots and going to start hydrangeas - I love those, hopefully I won't kill them too quickly. lol Visit with some friends at the pub around dinner, then home to BBQ. Not sure what else!

Tanya, you sure have an early start to your day - wow! Barb, even though it's warming up here, I still envy the true heat you're enjoying.

Trying to up my protein a little - need to continue to work on strength and stamina after my illness so I can Go. Back. To. Work. Bored at home now!

8 years post-op   B - coffee with light cream x 3 over the morning, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, strawberries, 1/4 cup granola  

S - Premier protein shake (VANILLA! Thank you lexxiblu!!)

S2 - summer sausage/cheese/pickle roll-up (2)  

L - slice of thin-crust pizza, kale/veggie salad, dressing, a little left-over chicken on the pizza  

S - Premier protein shake, handful of grapes S2 - ginger ale at the pub (I'm 8 years post-op and way below goal, please don't give me **** for this small indulgence LOL)  

D - I'm not "in charge" of the BBQ so I'll guess at 4 oz meat of some sort, salad for sure with dressing  

Have a great one :)  

K.

Edited to try to correct wonky formatting.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Marny B.
on 5/22/14 11:56 pm - Canada
Good morning everyone. TGIF! Sounds like it is going to be a warm weekend and next week looks beautiful too (up to 27!) Can't wait!
Pat- glad to hear you made it through that awful procedure. Sounds terrible.
Yesterday was sooooo hard, but I made it through the pizza lunch and the banquet without cheating at all. So proud of myself. I plan to continue with stage one of the 5 day pouch test for 2 more days. It will be more like the 7 day pouch test I think this departure from solid food is really helping me feel in control.

Menu for today: water, vitamins, 2-3 protein shakes, broth or creamed soups, SF jello and pudding

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Karen M.
on 5/23/14 12:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good for you Marny! It gets easier from here - almost time to get in the kitchen and whip up some egg bites and mini meatloaves so you're prepared!

Karen

Marny B.
on 5/23/14 12:54 am - Canada
Yup! Also thinking that since it should be a lovely weekend to be outside, then I will fire up the BBQ and grill up some chicken and shrimp skewers, etc.... to put in individual baggies and toss into the freezer for the end of this little project. No more simple carbs for me!!

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Karen M.
on 5/23/14 12:56 am - Mississauga, Canada

Great idea! Now that you mentioned grilled shrimp I have a craving - will have to get shrimp today while I'm out. Have a great weekend. xo

Karen

Most Active