OTN questions

NorthernFireWoman
on 5/21/14 11:48 am

Hi,

I'm from northern Ontario, referred through Sudbury.  I've received my letter saying that I'll be getting an OTN appointment with a surgeon.  I'm wondering what to expect at this appointment.  Thanks in advance for any info and advice!

Referral: Jun. 11/13;  Orientation: Jul. 24/13; SW/NP/Dietician: Nov. 2013.  Sleep test Dec. 2014.  Sleep apnea diagnosis Feb. 2014.  2nd sleep test Mar. 2014. Psychiatrist follow-up Mar. 2014. Approved by local centre Apr. 2014.  Sleep apnea follow-up May 2014. OTN apt with Dr. Sullivan Jun. 5/14.  Surgery July 7, 2014.

4-Jane
on 5/21/14 9:57 pm - Canada

I'm sorry I do not know what otn stands for but in thunderbay the process for me was I meet with the internist and after I received the go ahead from him an appointment was made for me to meet the surgeon via telephone conference call.  During that call I actually talk with the hospitals-pharmacist, the nurse, and then the surgeon . I received my surgery date that day and received my optifast as well. I was encouraged and took time to ask all of my questions and did that..... I hope this helps but still not sure what otn stands for

Respectfully Jane
otmama
on 5/21/14 10:42 pm
RNY on 04/30/14

OTN is Ontario Telemedicine Network - it just means you meet with the surgeon remotely via television.  There's often an OTN staff (often a nurse) there to assist you with the set up & who can do any physical assessments that the doc may need (eg. vitals, etc.) - although I doubt the surgeon will want that:) We use OTN at work all of the time - it's great to reach folks who are out of catchment area.  Good luck with your appt.!

Orientation Session:  April 2013  Sleep Study:  July 1/13  Abdominal Ultrasound: July 16/13  Endoscopy: October 23/13  Pre-Surgical Class:  Dec 11/13  Surgeon:  Jan 6/14  PATTS:  April 4/14 Optifast: April 9/14  RNY Surgery: April 30/14

Most Active