T-minus 48 hours

OneByte
on 5/18/14 10:18 pm - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

I can't believe the time is almost here. I'm prepared as I'll ever be, I guess. My surgery is on Wednesday. Spent last week running around to get everything I'll need. I have all my supplements, including liquid or chewable for the beginning, and I'm fully stocked on protein powder (AllMax IsoWhey (chocolate) & Bulk Barn's unflavoured), and Protein Ice water (link) for the road ahead. I've been on Opti for 5 weeks, so it was a pleasure to actually do some grocery shopping, for when I get home from the hospital. I have never been so excited to be looking forward to having yogurt, pudding, apple sauce, or even milk.  :)   Today's agenda is laundry, laundry, and more laundry. Digging through my closet to dig out clothes that I will be able to wear again!  

Coco2013
on 5/18/14 10:29 pm

Congrats and good luck on Wednesday.   You sound totally prepared for your new life.   Good luck and let us know how you are doing...... ps.... can I send you some laundry lol

OneByte
on 5/18/14 10:33 pm - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

Thank you. I'm doing my best to be prepared for my new life... and once recovered, new career. Just to complicate things :)

Haha, sure. But not sure there's enough time in the day to do more :)

Zizzler
on 5/18/14 11:45 pm

Best of luck to you with your surgery!  Have not tried the Protein ice, which ones taste best?

OneByte
on 5/18/14 11:50 pm - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14
On May 19, 2014 at 6:45 AM Pacific Time, Zizzler wrote:

Best of luck to you with your surgery!  Have not tried the Protein ice, which ones taste best?

Thank you.

I've only tried two flavours of the Protein Ice - watermelon and grape.  I definitely like the grape better, but I find they still have a whey'ey taste to them. 

NewMe2.0
on 5/18/14 11:59 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Good luck to you....I am having my surgery tomorrow.  And I too cannot wait for applesauce and such...but as I am going through Guelph, I will have to wait a week post surgery to indulge.  (but diluted apple juice will do !)

See you on the bench.

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Linsie
on 5/19/14 1:04 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Hey I totally know what you mean! Last night I covered my closet clean out extravaganza. Found some clothes I haven't seen in quite a few years. Glad I didn't pitch them, now it's going to be a whole new wardrobe! My surgery is Thursday, but I will wish you good luck, and can't wait to hear how your recovery is coming along. You're a day ahead of me, so you can try the food first and let me know :) 

mmona
on 5/19/14 7:29 am

Good luck.  My surgery is on Wednesday as well in Ottawa.

Most Active