Is it normal?

TiffanyandCo
on 5/18/14 11:54 pm - Canada

Hey guys I'm just wondering is it normal to not finish a meal. This morning I had oatmeal and yogurt and I noticed that I was full and I only are half my meal. Is that normal? Also my legs seam to be hurting when I walk. It's not a bad pain it's almost like a tightness in the mussels. Is that normal? 

highlandbear
on 5/19/14 3:26 am - Canada

Very normal not to be able to finish meals. Even being out for over 4 years now i hardly finish a meal. As for your legs hurting maybe you need to do stretches with your mussels. Maybe they are tight and they are letting you know.  

TiffanyandCo
on 5/19/14 4:09 am - Canada

Thanks... I have been walking more and stretching... One leg feels better te other still feels fight... I guess it will pass on it's own. 

Caroline K.
on 5/19/14 6:14 am

Consider seeing a massage therapist--sometimes it's not the muscle we think it is, and releasing another one can help.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Karen M.
on 5/20/14 8:40 pm, edited 5/20/14 8:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, completely normal. I consistently don't finish meals even at 8 years post-op. You'll find that some days you can take in more than others as well. You're at such an early stage - just do your best and always do protein first.

Edited to add: Meant to mention that it will often depend on what you're eating - oatmeal is VERY filling.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active