In pain help!!!!

TiffanyandCo
on 5/17/14 10:08 am - Canada

I'm am 2 days post op and in so much pain. I just came home today. I'm fining it very hard to drink anything and I'm not passing gas. I feel very bloated. Is they anything I can do other than sleeping walking and taking the perks. I foid my hospital stay to be not that helpful as the nurses did not really know what I needed. They told me to chew gum and drink from a straw but I was told by the bareatric time that I can't do any of that... Will putting a heat pad on my stomach help or what. Any help will be great thanks 

highlandbear
on 5/17/14 10:50 am - Canada

this is going to sound crazy but I know from past surgeries that I have had it works. Make some oatmeal make sure it is hot put it in a tea towel fold it up and put on stomach. My ex mother in law did it for me after one of my surgeries  and it worked. Helped with the gas. They even did it in the hospital one time for me. Works better than a heating pad. Do not chew gum or drink out of straw. You also need to keep moving. Good Luck

Catw
on 5/17/14 11:22 am - Arnprior, Canada

Heating pad, or gas-x strips if you have them.  Or a gas remedy that's chewable.

Cathy

providence
on 5/17/14 12:07 pm
RNY on 03/20/14

Hi there...I too had very bad pain, and found that using a ho****er bottle brought some much needed relief. Good Luck

willotree
on 5/18/14 9:20 am - Canada

I hope you will feel better soon! I am almost 3 weeks postop and found the first 5 days pretty brutal. I was in so much pain from the gas, all i could do was walk, try hard not to sip any air with my fluids and time helped. Gas-x didn't help me. I would get up every hour in the night and walk. I would also try to lay off the Hydromorphone if you can, it causes constipation and my surgeon said to try to take is sparingly. During the first week, i only took it once a night to help with the incision pain but just stuck to tylenol during the day.

Orientation Feb/13- Scope Dec/13- Surgeon Dec/13-PATTS-March/28th-Surgery-April/28th/2014

Most Active