My Struggle with Water

Nova B.
on 5/13/14 1:29 pm - Northglenn, CO
RNY on 04/15/14

I'm 4 weeks out today too!  Water is my big challenge as well.  I found a kitchen timer app on my phone and set it for every 5 or 10 minutes to remind me to sip.  Its getting easier but I still have to work at it.  I find hot herbal mint tea in the morning goes down much better than plain water.  Cold water is slightly better than warm water.  You just have to figure out what your new tummy likes.

HW: 293  Pre Liquid Diet Weight: 288  SW: 270  CW: 190.5

JennR
on 5/13/14 1:51 pm
For some people temperature makes a big difference, maybe if you've always been drinking cold water try room temperature or ho****er as someone else suggested. For me I will drink more water if I buy cases of the 500ml bottles and drink those. I know it is better for the environment to reuse a hard plastic bottle and I've tried to use my own water bottle but I just never drink from it. I know it is weird but there you go. I recycle like crazy so I hope that is a little redeeming. Also I use a lot of the water flavour enhancers, there are so many companies that make them now and so many different flavours, I've got about a dozen on the go right now. Lastly just always have a bottle beside you and keep working away at it.

Most Active