Who hasn't lost alot on Opti?

Karenkee
on 5/13/14 2:14 am - Canada

I've only lost 7lbs in 12 days on Opti.  I did loose 8lbs just before starting my Optifast.  Dr. Gmora did say he didn't care if I lost any weight. I started at 261. Anyone else have this issue.  It seems so many people loose a lot of weight on this.

Orientation-June 17/13, Dietician Feb 12/14, Social Work Feb 18/14, Internest Mar 3/14-Start weight 261

LilyBugsMommy
on 5/13/14 2:31 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

It is different for everyone and the purpose of Opti is not to lose weight, it is to shrink your liver to get prepared for surgery.

Also, it is very exciting to have lost 7lbs in 12 days!! Try not to compare yourself to others, it just makes this whole process a lot more difficult/stressful than it needs to be

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

TiffanyandCo
on 5/13/14 3:20 am - Canada

My surgery is on Thursday and I have been on OPTI for 3 weeks... I don't think I have lost a single pound. Everyone is different I will let you know if this sets me back on surgery day. 

Karenkee
on 5/13/14 4:05 am - Canada

Thanks!  My surgery is on Friday.  Good Luck!

Orientation-June 17/13, Dietician Feb 12/14, Social Work Feb 18/14, Internest Mar 3/14-Start weight 261

Linsie
on 5/13/14 8:52 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

I've been on option for about a week and a half, another week and a half left until surgery. I've lost about 10lbs and feel discouraged because I see people who have lost quite a bit, so I'm there with ya! Good luck with your surgery! 

sabrinastrength
on 5/13/14 11:13 am - Canada
Hi there... I only lost 16lbs on 3 weeks of opti. Like other posters mentioned - everyone loses differently. I'm at 9 months post-op and the best thing I've learned is to not compare myself to others. That will have more value to you as you get farther into the process post-op but trust me... it's hard but don't be too hard on yourself because of other people's progress milestones, especially if you are not on par with them.

Best of luck with your surgery!

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Most Active