One and a half weeks out and baseball tournament

tabno1
on 5/11/14 10:36 pm - barrie, Canada

Hi all,

My son's midget baseball team has a tournament in Niagara falls on June 13 -15th, I just wanted to get feed back from people.  My surgery is booked for June 4th, so I will be a week and a half out.  Will I likely be off pain killers?  We will be staying in a hotel and pretty much watching baseball.  Will I be able to pull this off?  Opinions appreciated!

Thanks

Referral - Sept 23rd, Resent Referral - Oct 29th - Orientation Nov 18/13, Dr Hyuhn Nov 26  -  SW/RN/RD - DEC 20TH - DR GLAZER FEB 25/13 Surgery Date: June 3, 2014

HW:252 OPTI W:224  SW 212 CW:205.5

Monica M.
on 5/11/14 10:39 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

Everybody's pain tolerance is different. I was off of pain killers in less than a week, some people are months out and still on them. You may be ok. Just listen to your body and rest when you need to. Don't forget to drink water.

Mon

Northernlightsmom
on 5/11/14 11:04 pm - Canada

I also agree that everyone is different. However, around the same time post op for me...I attended an all day basketball tournament out of town with my daughter and did just fine. Tired out quickly but took it easy and made sure to get all my goodies in (water, protein, meds, vitamins). No lifting either so will you have someone to help you out? If you do go, do not push yourself to much.

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Catw
on 5/12/14 1:53 am - Arnprior, Canada

Not sure if you'll be off pain killers, you will know then if you are or not.  If you go, make sure that you have a comfy chair that you can get in and out of easily(I'm assuming that this is at a regular ball field).  Stratigically select your seating location.  You don't want to have to walk too far in a hurry if needed and in shade if possible.  You won't be able to go alone, if you are, prepare your son to carry a lot of stuff as you won't be able to carry anything really.  Take lots of water and whatever "food" you need during the day.  Don't forget, if it's warm out you will need extra water.   Just because you're not sweating, doesn't mean you are not dehydrating.

Oh, if you are not driving, take a pillow for your belly if it's sore at all.  Any field I've been too can be kinda bumpy.

Cathy

Caroline K.
on 5/12/14 5:27 am

Once I was out of the hospital, I was just taking extra strength Tylenol, and felt fine. Apart from needing to nap periodically, it's been going very well.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Most Active