What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday - Mother's Day)

Karen M.
on 5/10/14 7:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :) Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! And here's hoping my son remembers. lol

Resident insomniac checking in - nothing like starting the day at 3 AM. Seriously, nothing. I'll visit with my mom this afternoon and have a painter coming in to give me an estimate (painting the whole place) which I'm looking forward to. Other than that - perhaps a nap! lol

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, 1 scrambled egg over peppers, mushrooms, onions, 1.5 oz old cheddar

S - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, a few strawberries and grapes

L - 1 small flour tortilla baked into a bowl, garden salad, sunflower seeds, 1 oz ham, 1 oz cheddar, Italian dressing

S - likely just tea, Premier protein shake if I'm "empty"

D - 3 oz steak, stir-fried peppers, onions, mushrooms, green beans

Have a great day!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sunny123
on 5/10/14 9:01 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Hi Karen

Happy Mother's Day to all the OH Moms, Gramas, Aunties and all those other Maternals out there! A Mothers love comes in many different forms and all should be honoured. 

I woke up to a text from my son! And he sent it at 6 am. That's all I need but I hope I get a call too.

Today is not weigh in day but I have been losing little and my cycle seems to be dictating my weight loss. I mini stall for two or three weeks and then lose a chun****ep a spreadsheet so the pattern was easy to detect.

So I have finally cracked the 80 lbs milestone. My 100 lbs by my 50th (Oct 6), has become a realistic goal now. Holy crap.

For those who get discouraged with stalls, have faith, you're not the only person in the world that this procedure won't work on! I know, this is how I felt on my first stall and even my second. I stall all the time, even with weighing in once a week.  It ****** me off but that is how I lose.

Lots of support from this thread reassured me! Log, exercise and eat right and it will happen. You may lose weird like me. I am not done, far from it!

Off to the cottage for yard work. Maybe a visit to my MIL. I saw my Mother yesterday.

B egg back bacon

S protein bar

L tuna salad melba

S cottage cheese with Franks Red Hot

D steak asparagus couple of mini potatoes 

cal 970 carb 42 fat 43 protein 94

great day to all!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 5/10/14 9:10 pm

Keeping your emotions in check is so important during the losing phase.....as stalls are often part of the package....Good for you Jo for knowing this and managing your expectations.....100 pounds down by Oct 6th is not only very do-able....but I suspect you will surpass this

TanyaLH
on 5/10/14 9:43 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Well done Jo!

TanyaLH
on 5/10/14 9:02 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

11.5 Months Post Op

Steps 14895

Good morning,

From one insomniac to another, I feel your pain! Was up at 245 am, couldn't go back to sleep.

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms here. I hope you have a wonderful day :)

I will be out and about today and then getting things ready to send DH out of town for work for the week (again). Looks like like another beautiful day!

B-1 egg w/ spinach, onion, and tomato (frittata) only way I can eat eggs now without feeling sick. 1/2 cup kale salad

S-1/2 cup Cherry source yogurt

L-2oz baked trout w/ 2 tomato slices and 4 slices cuccumber

S-protein decafe coffee

D- greek turkey burger on portabello mushroom w/ red onion, tomato w/ 1 small roasted potato

Be well everyone!

Tanya

Karen M.
on 5/10/14 10:12 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Sucks doesn't it? Hey, do you like Scrabble? I'm always looking for fellow-insomniacs to play Words With Friends via phone in the middle of the night! LOL

Karen

TanyaLH
on 5/11/14 8:41 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

LOL...I am hoping this does not become a habit, but if it does, I'll play Words with Friends with you. LOL

Karen M.
on 5/11/14 11:27 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yippee! Let me know and I'll set us up for a killer game and some witty banter. xo :)

Karen

TanyaLH
on 5/11/14 5:39 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

will do xo :)

birdiegirl
on 5/10/14 9:16 pm

RNY  5 Years 1 Month Post Op

Morning

Slept in this morning.....had a great 24 hours in the north......out for dinner this evening....going to be difficult to keep this as a low calorie day

STEPS - 12,756

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1 Skewer of chicken souvlaki

1/4 cup of Tzatziki sauce

D - 1 small piece of bruschetta

Pecan hazelnut crusted salmon

broccoli

1 glass of merlot

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,314,  Carbs - 45 Grams,  Fat - 55 Grams,  Protein - 107 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Most Active