What are you eating/doing today? (Saturday)

Karen M.
on 5/9/14 9:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

I know Barb is up north and it appears that I'm the first one up so I'll start the thread today. Stayed out too late last night (OMG Karen, it was only midnight FFS lol) but I'm feeling it today. Getting old sucks! Anyway..... had a lot of fun so no regrets. Not completely sure what I'm up to today, but it looks beautiful outside so far so I have a few things to move/replant in the garden and a good walk is in order.

Had an interesting conversation the other evening when out with some WLS buddies about how challenges change, our bodies change etc. a couple of years out of surgery. I think I'm a bit of an anomaly in that I still have major restriction, have to eat very slowly, etc etc. All the things we learned when we first started out on this journey. I attribute this (in large part) to being a complete stickler about "the rules" right from the start. In my (not so humble) opinion, setting good habits and routines and sticking with them truly makes a difference. My $0.02 on eating. lol

8 years post-op

B - 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, coffee with cream x 3

S - 1 egg scrambled with peppers, onions, mushrooms, old cheddar

L - garden salad (lots of different veggies), a few crunchy Chinese noodles on top, sunflower seeds, poppy seed dressing, 3 oz chicken

S - Premier protein shake, 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup grapes

D - 3 oz steak, green beans with mushrooms, basil, lemon; baby red potato (ping pong ball sized)

S - not sure that I'll need one, but if so likely just tea

Have a great one.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sunny123
on 5/9/14 9:55 pm, edited 5/9/14 9:55 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Good morning Karen. 

I find it hard to stay up past 10 now - not sure I could do midnight. Funny!

b Quaker oatmeal w/protein

s activist yogourt w/protein powder and strawberries

l TVP chili

s babybel turkey pepperette

d asparagus pork tenderloin

cal 900 carb 88  fat 19 protein 103

have a great day!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Karen M.
on 5/9/14 11:38 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Trust me Jo, if I was at home I would have been lucky to see 10. LOL

Your menu looks great, as usual! Question - do you always eat so low fat? Just curious.

Karen

Sunny123
on 5/10/14 3:15 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Hey Karen!

No it just happened to work out that way. I usually have double that in fat. 

I may have to check my fitness pal numbers. 

Take care! 

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 5/9/14 10:57 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Beautiful day out and I have to spend much of it indoors. I am helping with our Church's Daffodil Tea. This is the second year I have been asked to help with a bake table. Next year I will politely tell them I really do not want to be standing around sweets all day!

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l salad with chicken, yogurt

s apple,

d steak, salad, asparagus

cal 735, carb 57, prot 67

Buckeye
on 5/9/14 11:01 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

For me...

B - optifast

L - optifast

D - optifast

S - optifast

LOL...day 1...14 days to surgery

Karen M.
on 5/9/14 11:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Day 1 - first day of the rest of your life :)

Best,

K.

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 5/9/14 11:07 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Karen and everyone! Busy day today - buying luggage and packing for our trip (we're leaving Monday and returning in June) and having my mom over and cleaning out the fridge before we go, and, and, and... :)

So...I have no idea what the food will be like today. There's not much in the house since I didn't want to bring anything perishable into the house. So we're mostly eating in restaurants. I'll be sure to do the protein first thing. Luckily we're going to Europe where there's lots of meat dishes, so I'll be able to eat lots of protein without any problem during my time away. :)  Not to mention lots of walking too.

I'm going to go and post the Toronto East Ender nights for May, but I won't be at them...hopefully everyone has a great time!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 5/9/14 11:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my gosh, have a FABULOUS trip! xo

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 5/9/14 11:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks, we will! I'm particularly looking forward to the flight. Lots of room in the seat! LOL.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active