Plastics are gonna happen!

Needanewbeginning
on 5/5/14 12:21 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Well, it was a crazy morning. So stressed and excited about my plastics consult this morning. I think I was more stressed about the Dr saying I am not ready or that I need to wait longer. But, it went fantastic. I am 14 lbs to goal and he said I need to be at my goal for three months. Its so much harder now to loose but I expected that at this stage. He sent my application to OHIP for a panni, so here's hoping its approved. Then upgrading that with an lbl, tummy tuck, good lord I can't recall exactly what it's all REALLY called but once I get the email with the quote, then I will know lol. Plus looking at breast lift, maybe implants, then a separate surgery three months after to do my bat wings and thighs.

Looks like (if OHIP approves) the first surgery will be Sept 19. Wow, what an amazing journey this has been!!  

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

libra1
on 5/5/14 1:44 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

So exciting! Congrats!

lexxiblue
on 5/5/14 8:57 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

CONGRATS TO YOU! can I be nosey and ask.. who the doc was and the cost? I met with Dr Kriedstein and was a tad disappointed with the outcome only to find that I needed documentation of a recurring infection.. never mind rashes and odour which unfortunately I have neither... he said I would be entitled to the panni but for ohip to cover I would need documentation.

thanks for any info you will provide

take care of you and again congrats!

Needanewbeginning
on 5/5/14 11:25 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I chose to se Dr Jugenburg. He has his office at the Royal York hotel, yeah I know very over the top but operates there as well as at HRRH. Incredible, I mean really, incredible Dr. 

Kreidstein was on my list as I have heard many like him as well, but he is in Scarborough. 

Touch base with me if you like I can fill you in if you like. 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Mary A.
on 5/6/14 1:37 am
On May 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM Pacific Time, lexxiblue wrote:

CONGRATS TO YOU! can I be nosey and ask.. who the doc was and the cost? I met with Dr Kriedstein and was a tad disappointed with the outcome only to find that I needed documentation of a recurring infection.. never mind rashes and odour which unfortunately I have neither... he said I would be entitled to the panni but for ohip to cover I would need documentation.

thanks for any info you will provide

take care of you and again congrats!

Hmm...I find that a bit odd, the ps should still have submitted your application to OHIP and let the Ministry of Health say yes or no.

My PS said I was a viable candidate then OHIP denied my request..I appealed (which was an experience in itself) and won.  I like yourself had no documentation of rashes and odour as I looked after the condition myself...

if you would like any further guidance on how to approach this, please feel free to contact me directly. 

I think your PS should have submitted your application UNLESS your fold didn't meant the criteria

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Dreamalittledream
on 5/5/14 11:20 pm - Canada
That is awesome news! I have a silly question...when you say that you are 14 lbs out from goal, who decides goal weight? For mine, it was just a number I came up with (the lowest I ever remember being in adulthood), but never was a 'number to get to' discussed with any doctor/support team throughout this whole process?

Ottawa ~Referral Mar 2011~Orientation Aug 2011~Meet w Nurse May 14, 2012~Dietician/Behav/Abdo Ultrasound July 5, 2012~Colonoscopy Aug 8, 2012~Dietician#2 Aug 30, 2012~Endoscopy Nov 9, 2012~Pre-op class Jan 2, 2013~ Meet w Surgeon Jan 8, 2013 ~Start Optifast Feb 15, 2013 ~Pre-Admit. Mar 6, 2013 ~SURGERY March 8, 2013 (RNY/ Dr.  Raiche)~Post-op Class/Follow-up appt. April 25, 2013

Needanewbeginning
on 5/5/14 11:34 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Howdy, my number is really just a number I wanted to be my goal. I remember weighing that 30 years  ago. My surgeons ideal weight for me is 150, my goal is 165. My surgeon (Dr Hagen) is really pleased with my weight, he had said I needed to be realistic and that my weight may not go lower than 200lbs with my wls.  Well, that wasn't good enough for me as a goal, I am still reaching for 165. I should be there soon. 

Annette 

LittleMiss2013
on 5/6/14 1:58 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

WOOHOO Anette! Wow look at you go! So excited for you!!

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Needanewbeginning
on 5/6/14 2:33 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Thanks pal, its crazy right! Life is good.

Most Active