on 5/5/14 3:01 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

Received a call from St Joes (Hamilton)

Surgery May 26th at 8am with Dr. Anvari

The next chapter almost here.

Patm
on 5/5/14 3:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on getting your date. I have added you to our surgery list. I notice you have someone else having surgery that day.

Buckeye
on 5/5/14 3:09 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

Thanks so much.

SulowskiT
on 5/6/14 8:54 pm

I also got my surgery date.  Dr. Anvari at st. Joes in hamilton.  9 am on Wed June 17th.  Could you add me to the list. 

sulowskit

Patm
on 5/6/14 11:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You have been added. It will show next week. Good Luck

Cloud
on 5/5/14 3:17 am

AWESOME, good luck!

So, reading your journey dates, I just wondered: I have my appointment with St Joe's in early July (guess it's the assessment one where I bring all my paperwork I completed, and they already have sent me for a bunch of tests I completed through my family doctor). My question is, will I have a bunch of appointments very fast after the July date and then how long before surgery?

Oh, when did they put you on the liquid diet? Right after the consultation? or after other appointments?

(sorry for all the questions.)

Buckeye
on 5/5/14 3:23 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

I can only go on what my experience and others in our Facebook group for Hamilton but the appointments seem to happen pretty quickly after your first consultation with dietician etc.  The common time from then to surgery seems to be about 3 months but can vary on what other tests or follow ups are required. 

As for the liquid diet, you may be referring to Optifast which in my case will start this Saturday for 2 weeks then 2 days before I will stop Optifast and begin a clear liquid diet to prep for surgery. 

Hope this helps...

Cloud
on 5/5/14 4:08 am

Oh sure does! Thank you so much.

BTW, my niece i Ottawa had to start her Optifast on Christmas Eve when she had her surgery a couple years ago. LOL She happily drank her Christmas dinner knowing all the amazing things that will come from her dedication. And it did. Two years in and she's down to goal weight, healthy and happy!

time2changeme
on 5/5/14 4:09 am

Getting your date is sooo exciting!!  I'm happy for you!  I hope you enjoy your optifast days as much as l did. It was a good way of preparing my body, mind and soul for the rest of my journey. You will feel amazing in a few months, keep us posted. 

Buckeye
on 5/5/14 4:21 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

Thanks

I look forward to my coming life...cannot wait.

Most Active