Discovery for Vanilla OptiFasters

FangirlsHandbag
on 5/4/14 10:22 am

Thanks for the info everyone. I didn't get a choice of flavour, got a half and half split between vanilla and chocolate. Was thinking of starting with the vanilla just to get it over with!

Does anyone else have any words of wisdom?

C

Orientation (HRRH): 09/23/13 - First Surgeon Meeting (Dr. Huynh): 01/10/13 - Consults (SW/NC/RD): 12/12/13 - Optifast: 05/08/14 - Surgery: 05/29/14

GonnaBeSlim
on 5/4/14 2:01 pm

Just always, always, always blend it with ice and some kind of flavouring .  ALWAYS lol

Hanneli xoxo
on 5/4/14 10:39 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I traded my chocolate for vanilla.. preferred it.. with LOTS of instant decaf... I didn't find it vile lol.. was a small price to pay for reclaiming my health

hibbyangel
on 5/4/14 11:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

i didn't find it vile..I just liked the chocolate more. I would always start the day with vanilla..then chocolate then vanilla..and chocolate..lots of ice in both...the worst part about opti is the sweaters it builds on your teeth!I was constantly brushing them off..yucky!

Linsie
on 5/6/14 1:25 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

BAAAHAHAHA You are all correct with that vanilla! I think of it more like....drywall/toilet/mud puddle taste. I called the Bariatric clinic (in Guelph) which I go to, and they let me know I can go in and swap out the vanilla for the chocolate. BAM! The chocolate, I find actually delicious with a bit of decaf coffee, ice and peppermint extract. Also, almond extract is pretty good in that as well. Nothing helps that vanilla. I'm too scared to try something else with that. I'm swapping my vanilla boxes out tomorrow. Unfortunately, they take only full boxes on the swap so I have about 10 packets of nightmare to drink.

Good luck!!!! My surgery date is May 22nd, just over two weeks to go....I think I can, I think I can...

shellabella
on 5/6/14 5:31 am - Canada

I know y'all are going to groan at me but I LOVED optifast. Both flavours. With the vanilla, try crystal lite. I like the orange one. I think it is mango? Something like that. The chocolate was good alone but sometimes I put decaf coffee in it. I put the coffee in vanilla for my breakfast. What I did tho, was blend the hell out of it with ice. I didn't like it just shaken with ice. Had to be blended. It was like Wendy's Frosties. Yum!!!

XO-SHELLABELLA
FROM "SHELLEY BELLY" TO "SHELLEY BEAUTIFUL"...EVENTUALLY!
pegawatt
on 5/8/14 9:29 am - Canada

on it for 10 months now I put the shaker in the freezer for an hr. mix vanilla with crystal light singles, its great same with chocolate freeze the water for an hr. shake it and wham bam ,GREAT!!

Most Active