2.5 Year Post Op Update

Laurie C.
on 4/29/14 5:29 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

So nice to hear, keep it up!!

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:27 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks so much Laurie!   I found maintaining is the hardest part, it's so easy to try to slip back into old ways, especially the carb monster. But then remind myself of where I don't want to end up again.

Kimmiekat
on 4/29/14 5:57 am

Congrats on all your achievements!  Reading your post has given me hope that I can be the mom I want to be. My youngest son is 9, my oldest is 23. I haven't been able to do any of the things with him that I was able to with my older kids. Carrying around an extra 100+ lbs keeps us in a prison and I pray that my surgery will help me break out of it.  All the best to your continued success!!

Kim 

Referral~March 5/13 Orientation~Apr 24/13 SW~June 10/13 RN~Aug 7/13 Sleep Clinic~ Aug 16/13 Sleep Dr~ Sept 3/13 Nut Class~Oct 1/13 Dietician/2nd Sleep Clinic~Nov 1/13 Psych~Nov 8/13 2nd Sleep Dr~Dec 3/13 Surgeon~Dec 6/13 Surgery~Apr 15/14

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:30 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hey Kim!!

It was absolutely a big change for my daughter and I. I'm glad you can do it while your kids are young. You're only a few weeks out, how are things going??

I remember telling her I couldn't do some things before surgery. My back would be in too much pain, I wouldn't have the energy or just couldn't fit. The disappointed look was heartbreaking. I didn't care what anyone else in the world thought. I only cared how it impacted her.  I'm really happy for you, I hope you will have your own stories of what you can do in the near future!

Julie99
on 4/29/14 9:10 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks for sharing!  Looking forward to do all those things with my 2 boys... Awesome job with your baby girl and your weight loss 

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:32 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Julie,

You definitely will. I just dove right into just being able to do everything with her. I wanted to give her not only the memories but the love that she deserved. Not a father who could only say "no" to things I just didn't have the physical endurance to handle before.

I'm really happy for you and your sons!

Daisy_does_it
on 4/29/14 11:03 am - Scarborough, Canada

Amazing journey...congratulations!

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:32 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Thank you so much Daisy!

DustyB
on 4/29/14 12:47 pm - Canada

So good to here from a father.  You have shared so kindly and have A wonderful family.

you will dance at your daughter's wedding.

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:34 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hey Dusty!

That's absolutely one of the things I wanted. I wanted to be there for her wedding, to celebrate her own children, to be there for her through most of life's trials. With the path I was on, if I didn't live long, she wouldn't have much else in life. And I didn't want that to happen. 

I can't really explain it in words very well, but I couldn't imagine our lives now, had I continued down that path. I'm so grateful for the chance I've been given and the future that my family have together.

Most Active