2.5 Year Post Op Update

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/28/14 11:03 pm

It's good to hear from you. Your email is very motivating, it's great you are loving life!

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:09 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Heeeeey!!! Now you I recognize!!! How have you been?!  I can't complain.  I think it's true that the surgery doesn't solve all the problems, but it's made it easier for me to be able to change the things that I do have the opportunity to change.  I can't say it's all been a bed of roses. But I try to stay motivated and always try to remind myself what it was all for. 

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/30/14 9:14 pm

I've been pretty good. I've been struggling with a 15-20 pound weight gain for quite a while. BUT I haven't given up yet!

kellybelly333
on 4/28/14 11:04 pm - Toronto, Canada

Congrats!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:13 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hey Kelly,

Thank you so much.  I just saw your page and I have to say as a father, it's bittersweet about your promise.  I actually came from it from the other angle, I decided to have the surgery so I could be around for my daughter. It was truly the scariest and saddest moment of my life when I had to write a letter to her when she was 5, trying to explain why I had to have the surgery.

With a father's love, I think you're doing a fantastic job. If you were my daughter, I would be very very proud of you.

kristaeb
on 4/29/14 12:16 am

What a beautiful family...Congrats to you.....Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:16 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Thank you so much Krista! You look absolutely amazingly beautiful yourself!  

I can't believe you're a grandmother, you are pulling our legs! The surgery really helped me enjoy my life with my daughter. I bet your grandson loves his time with his grandma. You can't get those moments back and I'm so happy that you are making new ones that will last him forever.

Caroline K.
on 4/29/14 2:23 am

That's simply amazing! Congratulations!

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Jonathin
on 4/29/14 2:26 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Thank you Caroline.  I appreciate that.  You're only a week out??  How are things going?

Caroline K.
on 4/29/14 8:54 pm

Really good so far (knock wood), thanks! I've only needed extra-strength Tylenol and am on full fluids tomorrow, to which I am *so* looking forward. The bruises from where they administered the blood thinners are the worst I've got, each is the size of a clenched fist :) Today, I'm going to try driving to the gym to see some friends and use their treadmill since it's raining again.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Most Active