Strange Episode

C_Money
on 4/29/14 3:44 am

I am four months post OP i a few days.  I have dropped about 80 lbs and have no real issues with anything, everything has been really great, I feel good, am getting lots of exercise, taking my vitamins, etc  I have no problems with my diet, I seem to be getting enough calories every day.  Yesterday morning in our daily safety meeting, we were watching a short video and all of a sudden, I started getting really hot,  sweating, getting light headed and felt like i was throw up.  I tried to ride it out to see if it would go away.  After a few minutes, I had to leave the room and sit for a few minutes, had a little water and i was fine. 

Have episodes like this happened to anybody else?  what was it and is this common for post op patients?  Should I be talking to the dr about other possibilities that are not related to my weight loss.

Catw
on 4/29/14 4:57 am - Arnprior, Canada

There are a number of things it could be including what you ate when.  It could also have been the temperature of the room.  Depending on how big the room is, how good the air flow is and how many people were in it, it could have gotten too warm in there.  I've had similar symptoms and once I cooled off I was fine.  If this is a one time thing, I wouldn't worry about it, but if it happens again, and you don't think it's due to the environment or what you just ate, then contact your clinic or gp.

Cathy

Zizzler
on 4/29/14 7:20 am, edited 4/29/14 7:21 am

Have you had your gallbladder out?  If not, it may be worth looking into. I had those symptoms sometimes at earlier stages of gallbladder disease.  Maybe ask your doctor about it.  My other thought was maybe it was a panic attack, sounds similar.

on 4/29/14 10:37 am - Canada

Before your surgery were you diabetic?  It could be low blood sugar.  Like the others say there are many factors.  Wether you have diabetes or not sometimes your blood sugar can drop after this surgery.  Just keep watch.  :-)  Val

NewLife81
on 4/29/14 2:04 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

I was going through spells like that last year! I haven't had surgery yet but I have noticed it when I take percocet. Are you on any pain meds? I would be fine one minute and take a pain pill the next and within about a half hour I would be soaked, light headed and my stomach would feel weird!

I hope this is a one time thing for you! Good luck!

Guelph - Orientation: Feb 6, 2014 - First Appt w/ Nurse: April 23, 2014 - Social Work & Dietitian: April 30, 2014 - Nurse, Social Work & Dietitian: June 24, 2014 - Post Op Class: Sept 15, 2014 - Surgeon Appt: Oct 15, 2014 - Optifast Start Date: Nov 21, 2014 - Pre Op : Dec 1, 2014 - Surgery Date: Dec 12, 2014 (Dr. Jules Foute-Nelong)

Start Weight: 384lbs   Current Weight: 312.6lbs  Surgery Weight: 346.9lbs  Amount Lost: 72lbs

Most Active