On to appointment two!!

NewLife81
on 4/27/14 5:12 pm, edited 4/27/14 5:19 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

I saw th Registered Nurse this past Wed and I think it went really well..

I had my blood work done a while back but it looks like my cholesterol profile was missing and my hemaglobin is down a bit. So its off to the family doc May 6 to get this fixed! Looks like I need a new sĺeep ap test done again. I had one done in Sept 2012 and my family doctor thought it would be fine but by the time surgery comes around it will be about the 2 year mark.. and my BMI is very high they want it checked again to be sure!

I also have a bit of a problem and wasn't sure bif anyone has had this problem? BEWARE MEN!! FEMALE ISSUE TALK lol... I recently was told I had endometriosis and the lining of my uterus was very thick.. I had been on Medroxy 20mg and felt like everything was going to fall out of me! So I was put down to 10mg. Which went great and only had 2 periods in a year. But then I was tested for Interstitial cystitis and needed a procedure done so my gynecologist urologist told me the Mirena IUD would help and eliminate me needing medroxy.. so I got it put in. Well I regret that now! My doc changed and I had to see someone else and my menstrual cycles are so out of whack! So the registered Nurse told me that my menstrual stuff needs to be taken care of because it could delay surgery... I want to get the mirena taken out and be put back on medroxy because I did so much better. But I can't get into my gyne urologist till July! So I may take a trip to the Emergency to see if they can take it out and prescribe the medroxy!

My 2nd appointment is this Wed April 30!! I see the Nutritionist and the Social Worker! I am very excited to learn more from the nutritionist!  But very nervous about the social worker...

How deep to they go for talking.. what will they ask me about? I have had some very difficult things to deal with in the past 10-12 years and I can get very emotional! I Just don't want them thinking I am too weak or something to have the surgery!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Guelph - Orientation: Feb 6, 2014 - First Appt w/ Nurse: April 23, 2014 - Social Work & Dietitian: April 30, 2014 - Nurse, Social Work & Dietitian: June 24, 2014 - Post Op Class: Sept 15, 2014 - Surgeon Appt: Oct 15, 2014 - Optifast Start Date: Nov 21, 2014 - Pre Op : Dec 1, 2014 - Surgery Date: Dec 12, 2014 (Dr. Jules Foute-Nelong)

Start Weight: 384lbs   Current Weight: 312.6lbs  Surgery Weight: 346.9lbs  Amount Lost: 72lbs

Darbaybe_2014
on 4/28/14 12:54 am - Kitchener, Canada

Hi New life,

I am going through Guelph as well. You are a bit ahead of me. I have my second appointment at Guelph on June 03 with the nurse and then June 16 with the SW and dietician.  Today I did the ultrasound of my liver....guy was searching and poking and I asked if he by chance was looking for my gallbladder , he said yes.  LOL I told him I had it out 15 years ago. We had a good chuckle.  I have my heart stress test tomorrow and Saturday my sleep study....and then I have to get all the blood work done...seems very busy time!

I hope they can sort through things for you  quickly. The waiting is very hard. The decision to have surgery and then we wait.... I certainly understand why we need to go through rigorous testing, but while we  are waiting I guess is when the ones who truly want this are sorted out....if I wasn't so sure I wanted and needed this I donèt think I would be committed to all the Doctor appointments and tests and such.

I wish you all the best. I wonder if it would be ok to add you as a friend since we are both going through this at the same time... I live in Kitchener.  Let me know if that is ok and I will add you or you add me...lol however it works.

:)

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

on 4/28/14 4:10 am - Canada

Hi I had my RNY done on Tuesday past.  When I was going through my rounds with the nurse prac, dietitian, SW, etc the nurse did tell me that I had to get my gynecological problem sorted out prior to surgery.  At that time they thought I may have needed a hysterectomy but after testing they said I was good to go.  As far as the social worker goes dont sweat it just be very specific  when you anwser their questions and try not to wander when you are answering.  You will be fine.  Oh yes I had my surgery at St Josephs in Toronto.  Good luck you got this.  :-)  Val

NewLife81
on 4/28/14 5:10 am - St. Thomas, Canada

Darlene - thanks so much for your reply! What heart test did you need done ? It wasnt on my checklist to have done! I would love to have you as a friend and we could ķeep in touch with our appointments etc! I will try and add you! I am really new on the site and still learning the ropes! Lol

Val - Congrats on your surgery! How are you feeling? Thanks for the help with the social worker appointment! I am very nervous about it but it has to be done! I hope your feeling well and recovering quickly!

Guelph - Orientation: Feb 6, 2014 - First Appt w/ Nurse: April 23, 2014 - Social Work & Dietitian: April 30, 2014 - Nurse, Social Work & Dietitian: June 24, 2014 - Post Op Class: Sept 15, 2014 - Surgeon Appt: Oct 15, 2014 - Optifast Start Date: Nov 21, 2014 - Pre Op : Dec 1, 2014 - Surgery Date: Dec 12, 2014 (Dr. Jules Foute-Nelong)

Start Weight: 384lbs   Current Weight: 312.6lbs  Surgery Weight: 346.9lbs  Amount Lost: 72lbs

Darbaybe_2014
on 4/28/14 9:50 am - Kitchener, Canada

I had to get the stress test for my heart as I am over 50 and have HBP and history of family heart disease. I was told to have it by the clinic but my Doctor who actually had the surgery himself a few years ago suggested I should get it as an extra. But when I was at the orientation I think I heard them say if you are over 50 it is recommended. Better safe than sorry I guess.

I am glad you are willing to share your journey with me.   I just signed onto this site last Friday so I am a newbie as well.

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Darbaybe_2014
on 4/28/14 9:51 am - Kitchener, Canada

whoops I was NOT told to have it by the clinic.

dfv
on 4/28/14 9:44 am

Hi New Life,

When I had my Mirena removed, I just called the doctor who put it in and I was in later that same day and he took it out.  I had so many side effects from it that I only lasted 6 months before I had it out.  I would recommend start calling around to different doctors and see it someone will see you just to take it out.  I would not want to leave it in for another couple of months.  The doctor I went to was Dr. McNaught in London.

Good luck.

Darlene

Referral by GP - April 2/14; Orientation in Guelph - July 10/14; Sleep Study - July 26/14; 1st RN apt - Sept 9/14; 1stSW/DT apt -  

Most Active