PATT showed elevated creatinine....very upset

beme_atlast
on 4/26/14 4:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

My surgery is scheduled for 8am Tuesday morning. I'm devestated because my surgery may be cancelled.

I got a call on Friday afternoon from the bariatric clinic at HRRH advising me that my creatinnine was elevated. Dr. Glazer wants to see my last bloodwork from my GP to compare levels and I have to have a new blood test on Monday morning before they will clear me for surgery.

So...at the end of March my creatinine level was 88 and last week at the PATT it was 127.  I've been on OPTI for almost 4 weeks and I know I was dehydrated when I had the test. Now I'm drinking gallons of water to make sure I'm hydrated on Monday when I have the new bloodtest. 

Has anyone else experience this?  Does anyone know if dehyration could cause my creatinine to elevate so quickly? What can I do to prevent my surgery from being cancelled??????

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Robyn R.
on 4/26/14 6:41 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Big Breathe!  First kudos for surviving 4 weeks on opti. Yes dehydration can cause your creatinine to rise.  Rehydrate yourself and you should be ok. I'll be thinking of you. I'm there for bloodwork on Monday so don't be afraid to say hi 

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

sellarsgal
on 4/26/14 8:07 am - Oshawa, Canada

I really hope they don't cancel your surgery! I'm not sure if you can make it out monday nite for our coffee meet, so I hope all goes well for you!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/14 9:09 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Foods high in protein can elevate it as well so maybe you are taking in more protein with the shakes than you ever ate?  Deydration as well so just drink lots all weekend and am sure all should be good on the next test.  They tell us to drink at least 2 litres of water on Optifast for a reason but I'd try to drink even more than that if you can.

1HealthyMomma
on 4/27/14 3:02 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Well I'm no expert but from what I just read dehydration could be and most likely is the problem. Just keep your head up, your smile on, and go get good and hydrated. You've got this.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Most Active