London pt. Sent to Windsor

Sunny days Ahead
on 4/25/14 7:46 pm - Canada

Hi Everyone,

New here!  Just starting my process.  I am from London and just received my notice for my Orientation Session which will be in Windsor.  My question is will all my appt's be in Windsor?  But my Sx in Guelph? 

Referral requested April 8, 2014 with Family Dr, .....April 25, 2014 received notice from Hotel Dieu Grace of Educational Orientation Session on July 10, 2014, 

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/26/14 3:15 am - Windsor, Canada

Everything will be in windsor except your surgery.  You will probably be sent to Toronto for surgery unless Guelph lifts their restriction on Windsor patients (they are too backed up)

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Happy60
on 4/26/14 1:55 pm

hi dawn when i first started researching  GP  I read ur blog is one of the first ones i read i really enjoyed what you had to say about the prep work and i have done everything you suggested....now im just waiting for my letter i live in london anyway just want to say thank for yiur blog it really helprd ne in my devision making congrats on your journey

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/26/14 10:39 pm - Windsor, Canada

Oh thanks for the kind words.  It helps when you can read about the experiences of others. This board is also so great for that. 

If ever I can help you, please don't hesitate to drop me a note here and I'll send you my email.  Although I don't always post I am still reading this board frequently 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

Happy60
on 4/26/14 1:44 pm

Congrats that was fast from April 8th to April 25th 2014 and you got a letter already....my doc referred me Feb 8th 2014 and I havent heard anything yet I live in London as well....iit will be nice to follow your exciting journey 

Sunny days Ahead
on 4/27/14 12:05 am - Canada

Hello,  I was told it would take 3-4 weeks to hear back about my referral... I'm happy it was so quick.  Feb seems like a long time.  I would ask your Dr to resend his/her referral again. Or at least call and confirm with the Barriatric centre that they did in fact  received the fax back in Feb...... Just  my 2cents to help out a fellow Londoner :) 

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/26/14 10:36 pm, edited 4/26/14 10:36 pm - Windsor, Canada

Hi

my Guelph friend tells me that as of May patients will be able to go back to Guelph. 

Sunny days Ahead
on 4/27/14 12:05 am - Canada

Thanks Dawn!

Solstice
on 4/27/14 11:41 pm
RNY on 11/27/14

I guess I am glad I was sent to Guelph originally. I live 20 min NW of London, work in London. Have had all my appts there so far, and this is where my surgery will be. OK with me. One of my best friends lives in that city!

Solstice

Most Active