What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

Sunny123
on 4/25/14 12:31 am
RNY on 12/05/13

4 Months +

Busy day again today…have fun at your gala Barb! Monica so glad to hear you’re doing okay!

Steps 11471

B-protein shake, some mixed nuts

S- hummus baby carrot

Lunch – ham, light swiss cheese roll up

S- cottage cheese

Dinner – ribs, piece of cheese

FITNESS PAL Calories 1068 Carbs 45 Fat 83 Protein 96

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Foy
on 4/25/14 1:01 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

Almost 8 months post RNY - wow it seems so long ago.

Not getting as much walking in, still out hiking with the dog but need to up the hiking and less time for the dog to stop to play with his friends. Either that or I make my morning walk longer. 

I am down nearly 145 lbs since surgery and am thankful everyday. I still struggle with vitamins and that is something I continue to work on. People at work are really noticing and commenting but in a respectful way like "I don't want to offend but man you have lost a lot of weight, keep it up" or "You look happy". They don't ask how, or why or anything like that but the comments are encouraging. As much as I am doing this for my health first there the compliments do make me smile a little.

B - Protein coffee

S- cheese

L - Moroccan chicken soup with chickpeas

S- protein bar

D - beef seasoned with cumin, garlic, lime juice and cilantro (I do this with shrimp too and LOVE it) with asparagus

S - yogurt with berries

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

Onward and
Downward

on 4/25/14 1:25 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb and everyone.  Oooh, a gala! Sounds great. It's so nice to be able to wear the fancy stuff. I have a couple of fancy dresses, but never get to wear them anywhere - they're too dressy for anything I usually do!  Keep hoping someone will invite me to a wedding or something. LOL.

Working today, then a nice party tonight with a bunch of folks from a place where I used to work, and where I still keep in touch. Looking forward to that.  I think most of the eats there will be vegan or at least vegetarian, but that's okay, I'll eat something substantial before I go.

Didn't ride my bike to work today because it's supposed to rain this afternoon. Didn't want to arrive home at 6:30 drenched and then have to get to the party by 7 on the other side of town.  So I think I'll try to get on the treadmill in the exercise room during my lunch break today.

17 MONTHS POST-RNY - MAINTENANCE

B - 1 egg, fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 slice of P28 bread, toasted

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/stevia mix with 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries

L - 3/4 cup leftover homemade Thai green curry chicken on 1/4 cup basmati (the freezer just keeps giving me good things...)

S - 85g Yin Yang Soyfood tofu snack in tomato sauce, and to combat the late afternoon munchies, 1 oz hazel nuts mixed with 1 tbsp reduced sugar craisins

D - Leftover chicken biryani (more chicken, less rice for me) with some homemade okra raita on the side - something I can do up quickly before running off to the party.

S - Quest cookies and cream bar - I might have this at any point today when I need to combat the temptation to eat whatever chocolate and other junk food people keep throwing in my path - it's killing me, man! Killing me! And probably a glass or two of red wine at the party. I'll put two into my totals just to be sure.

TOTALS: 115g protein, 75g fat (eep), 116 carbs, 28g fiber, 1669 calories

I likely won't eat everything in this menu today - I brought more food than I needed to work today in order to combat the junk food we seem to be inundated with lately.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Gabygee
on 4/25/14 1:29 am - Canada

Hi everyone - long time no "hear"

I will be seeing Karen M next week and will pass on all your wishes. I will also let you know how she is doing, after I know more.

It's funny - during the weekdays, I am such a good girl, still sticking to my daily routing with eats. The weekends, because they are so full of activity, tend to be a *****aotic - but I am still trying.

It has officially been 3 years now, and I am still at 155 pounds, and still a size 10-12 (up from 128 lbs and a size 8 at my lowest) so I can live with it. Still walk every day, still swim once a week. Will take up cycling again soon, when the weather calms down enough, likely next week.

B - 1/2 grapefruit, bowl of Cheerios w 1/2 banana, large coffee

S - 1 slice toast, 1/2 c cottage cheese w SF applesauce and granola

L - 2 turkey pepperettes, 21 g cheddar, 4 crackers, 1 pear

S - protein bar, 2nd coffee

D - broiled fish and salad.

Nutritionist at HRRH told me last week that I need to up my proteins a bit, and I am low on vitamin D, but otherwise I am doing well. I think I am okay with my weight gain. I feel like a success story.

Karen M.
on 4/25/14 3:47 am - Mississauga, Canada

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

aprilflowers
on 4/25/14 2:17 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12

Long day for me. Teaching all day then I work an 8 hour shift until midnight later. So my calories will be higher than usual.

B: greek yogurt, blueberries, bran buds, chia seeds with matcha green tea powder

S: 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas

L: 5oz Hake loin, 1/2 cup brocoli slaw with a tbsp sour cream and a 1bsp salsa

S: apple & protein bar

D: 1/2 tofu wrap, 1 square 90% cocoa

S: 1 protein bar

S: 2 TBSP of PB

Totals:
Calories: 1237
Carbs: 141 (yikes. must be the wrap!)
Protein: 90

Karen M.
on 4/25/14 3:46 am - Mississauga, Canada

8 years post-op

Afternoon - better late that never! Out to a Dr appointment this morning and then to a favourite thrift store having a 50% off sale - hello bargains!

B - coffee with cream x 2, half cup Greek yogurt, strawberries

L - coffee with cream, left over spinach salad with blackened chicken (about 3 oz) and Dijon dressing, 2 Triscuits, edamame

S - 2 oz swiss cheese, 4 melba toast, handful of grapes, dill pickle

D - (late because Ièm going out (damn laptop keyboard still acting up!)) - breakfast for dinner - 2 breakfast sausages, 1 egg, 1 toast, sliced tomato

S - Bengal spice fog

Have a fabulous Friday! Barb, have a wonderful time at the gala!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active