Head game

NorthernStar
on 4/22/14 12:41 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I noticed a big change at the 6 month mark. It felt like all of a sudden I could eat much more than I could before. It happens, and it's supposed to happen. Still watch your portions and don't overeat but this is about the time you begin to be able to eat a bit more with each meal. Your weight loss will slow as you go on, but don't let that discourage you. I was also experiencing what felt like intense hunger pangs at the time that would lead me to eat and then feel sick immediately. I later learned that this can be due to acid levels in the pouch. This was about the time I finished up my 6 month course of Prevacid. I wish I'd known this at the time, I would have gotten another month or two of Prevacid.

Keep making the best food choices possible and pay attention to how you feel when you're eating.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Dale B.
on 4/22/14 1:06 am, edited 4/22/14 3:28 am - Canada

I found the same thing about my 6 month mark, starting to feel the hungry more.The only problem I have with it is that because I feel hungry I eat too fast, I have to stop and think about it now.  

I don't think eating a few Easter chocolates is cheating,  I ate a few Easter chocolates as well, I'm sure most people did. It didn't sit well with me, maybe that's a good thing, lol.  I don't think we were giving this tool, so we could deprive our self, we just need to work around thing differently. I am a chocolate lover, and if I have the carving for chocolate, I will have a Revello Ice cream bar, takes care of my carving and gives me a little sweetness.  They are 100 calories, 9g sugar, 6g fat, 12 g carb. I choose not to eat rice and pasta, and only a little bread products  (2 slices if bread a week), has I eat a lot of fruit and that makes up most of my carbs.

If you like to get together sometime for coffee, send me a pm. I live in Mississauga, and not able to make it to any support groups as I work afternoons.

You can do it, look how far you've come. You got this girl 

Dale 

Dale-Referral: October/12 ~ Orientation: January 2/13 ~ Nurse Practitioner:  May 7/13 Social Worker: May 7/13 ~ Sleep Test: May 23/13 ~ Nutrition Class: May 28/13 Nutrition Assess: May 31/13~ Psychologist: June 24/13 ~ Surgeon: August 9/13 ~ Pre-OP: August 28,2013Surgery Date: September 12/13        

new_me180
on 4/22/14 5:32 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Hang in there Katie, everyone goes through a funk. I've noticed too that i'm getting a little hungrier lately but, as you know i've had a lot of ups and downs and have trouble eating sometimes. I'll be six months on Thursday and i constantly think of cake and chocolates and i realize this is a demon i have to fix lifelong. don't feel too down about eating a bit of candy. Just pick your self up, get back to basics and you'll be fine.

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/14 12:30 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

At the six month point I sent through the same thing and I must admit I am sure that I gave into a few craving and also started eating more carbs. I have not regained but I have not lost much more either and that is a huge disappointment to me. Just remember we are human and we all make mistakes don't beat yourself up over a few Easter treats but do consider the change behavior therapy and keep drinking water, tracking your food and weighing yourself. It is easy to let one or two slips turn into a slippery slope. You can do this.  

reliena
on 4/22/14 1:46 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

Glad to see your post, Katie. I know I'm not there yet, but I'm always here to talk. xx

Referral 08/13, Orientation TWH 09/18/13, SW 09/26/13, NP 09/26/13, Surgeon Appt 12/13/13, MRI 01/06/14, Nut Class 01/14/14, Nut 01/20/14, Scopes 02/21/14, Psych 02/25/14, Dr. Urbach 03/28/14, PATTS 04/15/14, SURGERY 05/06/14!!! 

Monica9811
on 4/22/14 11:27 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Katie you have done so well.  A little slip won't kill you as long as you get right back on track. You are already aware of what you ate and aren't happy with your choices. We hid chocolate eggs for the kids and for some reason they left 4 behind!  They are still on my counter and I can't say I haven't been tempted to have one. But these eggs are big ones from costco so I just can't justify it. I tried a teeny piece of my sisters on the weekend and it was great.  I am happy with just a taste 99 percent of the time. I think I will take them to work so they don't keep calling my name every time I walk in the kitchen :)

All the best Katie. You have done amazing. This is a lifelong journey and always remember why you wanted this surgery so bad in the first place and how great you feel now. I know I don't want to go back. 

PepperBB
on 4/23/14 12:18 am - Canada

Oh thank you!! I thought I was the only one!!! I have been feeling so guilty and wondering if I was doing wrong!!!

You are doing great! You have been such a motivator for me and I am sure a lot of other people on here. I think just this process in general is a daily struggle for everyone.

I was having rotty/hungry stomach a while back and when I was seeing the dietitian she said it was because I cut my carbs back to 40g and under. She said if you are really mobile and active, you need those for energy. Don't cut too much out, you may be doing more harm than good. Your body will store if it is not getting what it needs.

You look fabulous and keep it up!! 

Hugs!! 

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Katie M.
on 4/23/14 1:17 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thank you so much for the kind words and support everybody!! I'm going to reply to you all individually tonight after work :) I really appreciate everyone's support, I forgot how much help it is to have everyone here!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Most Active