Worried

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/14 11:11 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I got out of the Hospital yesterday after an RNY Wednesday.  I was fine.   (sorry if TMI, but a little worried)   Came home started my shake and OMG -Gas, diarrhea and nausea since.  I changed to lactose free milk and put less protein in a shake and added a banana.  I am okay when I lie down, but when I get up I feel very ill.  No vomiting (though I feel like it) or blood stool, but I really do not feel that great.  I can drink water still and sip a shake.....Is this normal or should I go to the hospital or wait it out a little longer perhaps my body is adjusting???????

Any advise from anyone who had the surgery and perhaps experienced this?

Thanks, 

Kelly

Leanne1
on 4/18/14 11:30 pm - Newmarket, Canada

A banana?? I think it's a little early for a banana... Didn't your centre give you a meal plan? where did you have your surgery? I would think that you should be on a full fluid meal plan for 2 weeks. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/14 12:22 am

I agree with Leanne, it is way too soon for things like bananas ect. You should be on fluids, my clinic had me on clear fluids only for a week after surgery then started full fluids for 2 weeks. Just stick to what your clinic told you to do. Remember you are only 3 days post op, you need to follow what you have been advised to do.

Robyn R.
on 4/19/14 12:58 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Lactose free milk is probably a good idea bananas however are very high in sugar and can cause dumping. I would stay away from the bananas for a long time

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/19/14 2:08 am - Windsor, Canada

Try mixing your powder with water.  See how that goes.  And ice.  

You shouldn't be using a whole banana.  It has more sugar in it.   I would only do a quarter in it ----but not yet. Way too early. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Zizzler
on 4/19/14 5:26 am

Hmmm...this made me curious so I checked the meal planner we were given in our pre-op class in Ottawa. Page 24 states that we are to drink only fluids and protein supplements at this stage.  Then there is a note that if you feel comfortable you do not have to wait the full week to begin adding pureed foods. It is funny because the chart does not mention we can have bananas at the full fluid stage, however, there are several full fluids smoothie recipes after that whi*****lude bananas, strawberries, peaches etc.  So which is correct, the chart or the recipes?  I would call the centre to clarify and stick to the ones that do not contain fruit for the time being, just to be on the safe side.  They need to correct their meal planner as it is giving conflicting information!  Hope you are feeling better soon!

Maggie428
on 4/19/14 9:22 am - Kingston, Canada

Call into the unit Kelli they will advise you what to do. Feel better!

Maggie...Life is too short to hide the sparkle you have within....

Most Active