What are you doing/eating today ( Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 4/14/14 8:33 pm

RNY  5 Years Post Op

Morning

Not much on today......a little packing and cleaning......groceries.....maybe a movie later....going to try and keep my calories low today....been eating too much ( more then posted!) with night time snacking

STEPS - est. 6-7000 plus weights

EATS

B - 2 poached eggs on an Arnolds wheat thin

S - Dannon light and fit greek yogurt

L - ham-cheese and pickle roll up

D - 5 oz baked grouper

grilled veggies

glass of chardonnay

S - Skinny cow fudgesicle

Dannon greek yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 978,  Carbs - 90 Grams,  Fat - 16 grams,  Protein - 95 grams

All water....decaf tea and coffee....and vits

Have a great one   

Onward and
Downward

on 4/14/14 9:25 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hi Barb and everyone!  Hope your day goes well today.  Barb, let me know what movie you saw. I've been wanting to go to the movies lately but haven't gotten around to it and I have no idea what's playing that's good. Thanks for your encouragement yesterday, by the way - didn't get back to the thread until this morning and didn't want to bump it over this one by responding!

Yesterday didn't go as planned at all for me. I was running too late to ride my bike to work yesterday, but I got over 8600 steps in, so at least I'm not dragging yet on Kelly's new challenge!  My food didn't go as planned either. Also running too late to make myself the egg on P28 toast for breakfast, so I grabbed a Quest bar and had that instead. Ended up making a different recipe than I thought for dinner - was going to make a Thai chicken curry of some kind but made myself a Thai shrimp stirfry instead.  Then I fell asleep at 8:30 p.m. and didn't wake up until 6:30 a.m. today.  Wow!  (And then I fluctuated down two lbs this morning - go figure!)

I changed my MFP diary to reflect what I actually ate yesterday and here's the stats by the end of the day: 87g protein, 56g fat, 121 carbs, 31g fiber, 1240 calories.  Maybe my dietitian was right and that I don't need to worry about keeping my protein level the same or over my carbs, as long as I'm getting over 80g of protein a day.  I don't know. Anyhow, the important thing is that I'm maintaining, and not eating crap.  Well, not too much crap, anyhow.  Oh, I just remembered, someone brought in little tiny wrapped chocolates to work yesterday and I had a couple. Didn't track that. Oh well. I swear it should be illegal to offer people chocolate at work. LOL.

Today: Work, then home. Nothing exciting. Brought some exercise clothes to work yesterday to leave there since we have a tiny little room with some gym equipment in it there, so maybe I'll do some walking on the treadmill since there's no way I'm biking to work today when we're expecting snow. Snow! Geez.

17 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 piece P28 toast

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, and a clementine for later in the morning if I get snacky before lunch

L - Leftover shrimp stirfry on 1/4 cup leftover basmati rice, with some fresh veggies on the side - a few cherry tomatoes, red pepper slices, cucumber slices

S - 1 oz peanuts mixed with 1 tbsp craisins, plus a clementine if I feel like it at any point in the afternoon.

D - Homemade green curry chicken with eggplant (another recipe from my Thai cookbook - I'm on a roll, they've been great so far!) on 1/4 cup rice noodles

S - Glass of skim milk

TOTALS: 91g protein, 51g fat, 117 carbs, 17g fiber, 1237 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 4/14/14 10:03 pm

"the important thing is I am maintaining and not eating crap".....this statement says it all.......good!......and we really can never let up.....never let our guard down......and when we do ( as that is reality)...we have to get right back up and back on that horse

Love your green curry for dinner.....my DH hates curry....I love it.....

Onward and
Downward

on 4/15/14 3:27 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Barb, you're always so encouraging. :)  Things are going well today except those darn chocolates someone brought back from their trip - they're still here! Sigh. :)

Looking forward to cooking the curry tonight. It's always so great when recipes work out. It's a great cookbook. My lunch today (leftovers from last night) smelled like I ordered it from a Thai restaurant!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

kristaeb
on 4/15/14 9:40 pm

Love this post Barb..Thank-you.Krista

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

kristaeb
on 4/14/14 10:20 pm

Morning Barb and everyone. Had my wisdom teeth out Friday, and have been sick with sinus infection cold since Sat...This weather isnt helping any lol...I am joining a support group here in my town at the end of this month.I am very excited , i have been looking for one for a while now and this is the best one for me i think..

B- tea , protein bar.

S- greek yogurt.

L- roast chicken and green beans.

S- water melon..

D- chicken and green beans again..

S- frozen fruit and greek yogurt smoothy..I have these on the weekend , but i am having one tonight for a treat..

Have a great day..Krista..

birdiegirl
on 4/14/14 10:37 pm

Krista that is great re a support group.....I use OH for mine....having something to keep focused is good

kristaeb
on 4/14/14 11:17 pm

Thanks Barb, i love OH too. I think meeting every Tuesday with this group will keep me focused.. I find my eyes wondering lately to chips and junk, and i dont want the temptation to get me... And being sick the last while on and off i have not been making as many meals and my healthy snacks as i was. It is a daily struggle for sure. My life has changed so much in 9 months but i have to remember my family has not..They eat what they want and the food i cant eat is in my eye view all  times.. I have 1 more son at home with my daughter in law and grandbaby. When they move out my husband wont be happy because there will be no more junk food in my house lol...Have a great day Krista..

Patm
on 4/14/14 11:18 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Would have been a good day just to go back to bed. The sight of snow if not up lifting. My son dropped by last night and mentioned he is driving to Barrie today for work. I know he has taken his snow tires off because they are stored in my garage. I hope he is okay. I hate worrying about my kids. He comes for dinner on Tuesdays so I will be relieved to see him.

I do not think my steps will be very good today but I will try to force myself onto the treadmill.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s turkey pepperette, grapes

l stir fry chicken, yogurt

s apple, baby bel

d crock pot round steak with tomatoes, salad

s crackers, baby bel

cal 1162, carb 113, prot 81.7

Onward and
Downward

on 4/15/14 3:29 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Should be okay, Pat - I drove to work today, and the snow isn't really sticking to the road.  I made an appointment yesterday to have my snow tires taken off and an oil change - luckily they couldn't fit me in until next Wednesday!

Most Active