Have my appt with Dr. Reed in Gueloh on May 2

crqvingchange
on 4/11/14 2:39 am

Very excited and also nervous.   I'm thinking surgery will be about 6 weeks after if he approves me.   Does anyone have experience with this surgeon that you don't mind sharing 

bikinibound2014
on 4/11/14 4:14 am

Plan on 10-12 weeks to be safe.  A friend of mine saw Dr Reed in March and their Sx date is May 29th. I think Guelph is getting super busy these days!!

Good news though is that you will definately be getting a date :)

HW 277.0 CW 273.0 Asked for Referral February 2013; Orientation @ Guelph May 16th, 2013; First Appointments July 24th; Nutrition Class August 7th; Second Appointments (& cleared) August 29th; Post Op Class December 9th; meet surgeon January 9th; PATTS Jan 14; Opti starts January 21; Surgery February 11th!

crqvingchange
on 4/12/14 12:55 am

Thanks for the heads up. 10-12 weeks would be disappointing, but I've waited 14 months so far so I know I can wait a little longer.

moemurray
on 4/13/14 11:30 pm - Canada

Guelph is at he beginning of a new year(fiscally) so they are doing lots of surgeries right now. It may be sooner than you think. I am part of a support group in Cambridge and lots of our members have had Dr. Reed. There are mixed reviews with regards to him. Some people really like him, others say he is blunt/tells it like it is, and some think he has a bad bedside manner and do not like him at all. I do know from personal experience, he did a repair of an emergency internal hernia repair for me that he knows his stuff. Good luck!  

crqvingchange
on 4/14/14 12:44 am

Thanks for your reply Moe. I am less concerned with bedside manner and more with competency. If people have faith in his skills I feel less anxious. Good news about surgery may be sooner. Thanks again. 

Most Active