Surgery in T Minus 4 days and counting...

lalalalaura13
on 4/10/14 11:57 pm - Toronto, Canada

Getting nervous and excited at the same time. OIE.
Question for those of you who have had the surgery - I want to keep my phone and KOBO with me but want to keep them safe.  My mum is of the mind that when she leaves for the night she'll take them with her and bring them back the next day.  ummm...so what am I supposed to do from then on? stare at the ceiling??What suggestions do you have to keep them safe?  I have a lock on my suitcase but where do I keep the key?

Really excited to join the rest of you in this new journey!

Tammystrong
on 4/11/14 12:24 am

The first night you will be so tired so rest!! Also you have to walk about every hour ! I meant to other ladies that had baratic surgery we wAlked together and talked! If you want a phone or tv make sure you order it before your family members leave with your credit cards.  Also bring swimmer putty ear plugs they really block out the noise when your tring to rest! My surgery was March 28/2014 at 3 in the afternoon and I was releases Sunday at 10:00! Good luck!!

KerryF.
on 4/11/14 12:59 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I kept both my phone and iPad with me under the blankets in bed. I used them a lot  yes I walked every 15 minutes for about 3-4 minutes at a time  then I was bored stiff without my iPad But depending the hospital..... TWH had a locker in the room and you could bring a small lock like the kids use at school  the word for them escapes me right now........ grrrrrrr what are they called??

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

lalalalaura13
on 4/11/14 1:49 am - Toronto, Canada

Someone here at work just suggested putting the key on a safety pin and then pinning that to my gown/pajamas.  Maybe I'll try that. 

Hanneli xoxo
on 4/11/14 2:45 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I was alone in the hospital the whole time (no visitors) and brought my iPhone and laptop with me.. no one stole them, they stayed on my bedside table when I slept.. in my suitcase prior to getting to my room..

Zizzler
on 4/12/14 1:38 am

I was thinking the same thing, as I feel lost without my smartphone.  Maybe call your centre and ask how that works?  good luck!

Most Active