HRRH pushes RnY?

Seyenna
on 4/8/14 12:21 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I went to the orientation yesterday and they only VERY vaguely touched on the sleeve, which is the surgery that I'm wanting. We were told by the girl who lead the group that almost all of us would have that one as it is the "gold standard" and only under certain cir****tances would the VSG option be considered. Nothing else was mentioned about that surgery at all.  

How hard is it to get the sleeve over RNY? Will it really be a battle for them to do it for me?

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Cookies-and-Cream
on 4/8/14 2:02 pm

if you have no conditions contradicting the RnY, then your chances are close to 0. 

pugalootz
on 4/8/14 3:06 pm - Canada

I also went into the whole process wanting the sleeve - for reasons I thought were legit. 

When i met with the surgeon we talked about all the options and it was my choice to make. 

I asked him to tell me which was the best fit for me and my history, and I ended up agreeing to the RNY.  I'm 4 months out and I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Just ask for their honest opinion and weigh out all your options. You can take time to think about it and talk to the surgeon again before you book your procedure. 

Do what YOU are comfortable with in the end for reasons that suit your body best would be my advice. Best of luck to you!

KerryF.
on 4/8/14 9:22 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

O.H.I.P  is the one pushing the RnY All Bariatric Centres follow the rules. It's the gold standard and so I think that's why O.H.I.P supports and leans heavily towards that surgical type. 

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Most Active