What are you doing/eating today ( Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 4/9/14 7:45 pm

RNY  5 Years Post Op

Morning

Golfing this morning.....end of season party tonight for the golfers.....but more importantly.....THE MASTERS begins...lol.....this weekend is the Holy Grail for golf.....

STEPS - lazy yesterday....maybe 5000

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

2 poached eggs on an Arnolds Thins

S - fresh strawberries - bit of splenda on them

L - chunky tomato soup

3/4 cup of tuna salad

s - Dannon light and fit greek yogurt

D - 4 oz chicken picatta

couple of bites of mashed potato

couple of bites of green beans

glass of Cab Sauv

S - skinny cow fudgesicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,346,  Carbs - 123 grams,  Fat - 46 grams,  Protein - 128 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Sunny123
on 4/9/14 8:52 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Hi Barb

Enjoy your party and The Masters. My Broker loves golf and he loves that tournament. 

B back bacon fried egg in pam

s Greek vanilla yoghurt protein powder

l tuna melba

s protein bar

d beef tenderloin salad

Cal 913 carbs 39 fat 33 protein 105

wishing you all a very nice day!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Onward and
Downward

on 4/9/14 9:33 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good morning, Barb. Your post this morning was a bit of a nostalgia trip for me. I'm not into watching golf much, but my grandmother, who died in October, absolutely loved watching golf, and I remember her also anticipating the Masters last year. Your post suddenly made me think of her, brought back nice memories. My mother gave me her amethyst earrings and necklace on the weekend and I've also been wearing those for the past three days because they happen to work with the pink/purple stuff I've been wearing for the past few days, so I guess she's been close in mind lately.

Going to ride my bike to work today. Yesterday would have been a perfect day to do it, but I had to be in early, and my chain got rusty from being out in the rain. So instead of riding in, I spent the extra time yesterday morning cleaning and oiling the chain so that I could ride it today. I'm a little concerned about the wind that's supposed to get heavier later in the day today, but that's okay - I don't have any time limit for getting home tonight, and I can always pop the bike on a bus if I find the wind too much.

17 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg, fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 slice P28 bread toasted

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix, with 1 banana sliced on top (need to get to Costco to get my frozen berries! Such a creature of habit I am.)

L - About 1 cup of spaghetti meat sauce minus the pasta, with 2 tbsps parmesan sprinkled on top, and 1 slice French stick (left over from company dinner a couple of nights ago)

S - 1 Pure Protein bar, and for later before biking home, 1/2 oz hazel nuts mixed with 1 tbsp reduced-sugar craisins

D - Leftover beef stew from the freezer (the stew that keeps on giving!)

S - 1 glass of skim milk

TOTALS: 107g protein, 58g fat, 116g carbs (there's that banana), 15g fiber, 1,395 calories

Have a great day everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Leanne1
on 4/9/14 9:44 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Good morning everyone :)

It's going to be a beautiful day!!! High of 18c they say!! YAY :D

I can't wait to get back to working at the golf course! The bosses say there is still too much snow and it's VERY wet. I have to do a big refreshing clean before they open (My hubby will end up helping me do that for sure since it likely won't be ready til after my surgery next week.)

I am helping a friend today to some cleaning, I can't do much and she knows that. I am going more for a social thing rather than cleaning, I miss my friends.

B- homemade carrot muffin (I made them yesterday, YUM!)

in my lunch bag- salad (w/cheese,ham and ranch dressing), fibre bar, yoguart, apple, muffin, water

getting in all my vitamins and liquids

Have a fabulous day :D 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

kellybelly333
on 4/9/14 10:16 pm - Toronto, Canada

So Barb. What would you say if I told you I have never golfed? LOL I have gone to a driving range, and that's it. I love your love of golf!

I am not feeling the best today, and i'm wondering if the nasty stomach virus has caught up with me. boo

sipping a premiere shake that I bought this morning to get something in. No idea how the rest of the day will work out. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 4/9/14 11:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Enjoy your end of season party. It is funny Florida is end of season just as Ontario is gearing up for opening day. I am biking home today. Will see how that goes. I find I need to ease into it this year. Old age probably catching up with me. LOL

Had fun at the East end coffee last night.

b greek yogurt, granola

s hummus, carrots

l salad with chicken

s pure protein bar

d quinoa stuffed pepper and salad

s not sure

so far cal 1121 carb 73.4, prot 75.9

Onward and
Downward

on 4/10/14 2:30 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hey, you're biking home!  Awesome!  Enjoy, it's a beautiful day for it. 

I'm kind of thrilled today, actually, because that one hill I always walk the bike up on the way to work? Well, I biked it this morning!  I went to the very lowest speed on my bike and by 3/4 of the way up I was probably slower than walking would have been, but I did it!  Still can't believe it.

Enjoy your ride home! Nice to see you last night.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 4/10/14 2:50 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That is fantastic. You have come such a long way in such a short time.

Foy
on 4/9/14 11:16 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

RNY - 7.5 Months

Not much going on today, took the dog to the park last night for a hike after work, then went to throw axes for a few hours. I need to get on getting a new FitBit, so that is on my list this week. I am away for the weekend on course, I decided to get my gun and hunting licence this year. It was always on my bucket list but I have been crossing stuff off that list as I complete them. Losing the weight has allowed me to gain some of the confidence I lost when I was so heavy. 

Breakfast - protein coffee, Greek yogurt

Snack - Mandarin Orange

Lunch - baked beans, flakes of chicken

Snack - cheese

Dinner - undecided... probably chicken and a veg

Snack - protein bar

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

Most Active