TCC Results - We walked Across Canada! New Challenge Beginning April 28th - Suggestions

kellybelly333
on 4/8/14 6:23 am - Toronto, Canada

HI All. We are ending this challenge with a bang. Smokin' A's wins this challenge by approximately 500 km (give or take, with team members missing numbers from both teams).

Congrats to everyone. I hope you all found this motivating. I certainly did. 

For the next challenge I would like to propose a Pedometer Challenge. Steps only. So whatever steps you make on your pedometer counts. You don't need a FitBit, you can get a pedometer for under $10. Or, for those who are in the challenge, and have figured out your kilometres, you can convert your kilometres into steps using this calculator http://www.convertunits.com/from/km/to/step It's actually pretty accurate. 

There were a few people who don't cycle, who were concerned with the amount of kms people like me would get from spinning and cycling. Which totally makes sense! 

Thoughts? And congrats to us all!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

KerryF.
on 4/8/14 6:34 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I would like that challenge  the reason I didn't sign up for the last challenge is because my only exercise is steps. so I didn't think I would get the miles or km that others would get  but  I am fitbit addicted and OCD on steps

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

TanyaLH
on 4/8/14 6:56 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Great job Everyone!!!                   I am in!! Step addict too. I walk alot everyday

Delicious_Delilah
on 4/8/14 7:53 am - Ottawa, Canada

Sounds like fun. Count me in!

DD

RidingFan
on 4/8/14 7:56 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Cool. Have my fitbit Zip..I'm in!🚶

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Zizzler
on 4/8/14 8:10 am

Yay! How about we cross another country, like Australia or the United States?  I have always wanted to visit Australia...just an idea.  Thank you for organizing and I would do it again for sure.  I do not count steps, I do km, so I would just use the converter.  I hope to get a fitbit in the future but am waiting for the newest one to come out as the force is no longer being sold. 

MarkES
on 4/8/14 12:06 pm - Oshawa, Canada

I'm in...  

Ref Jul 4, 2012,  Orientation Aug 27,  Surgeon Aug 31, RD Sept 18,  SW RD & RN Oct 18, Internist Nov 5, Surgeon Nov 21,  PATTS Nov 29, Surgery Dec 14,2012 (HRRH - Dr Sohi).

LilyBugsMommy
on 4/8/14 9:58 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

We are all awesome!! Woot!

I would join a pedometer challenge and I like the idea of another country....we could see how far we can go! Maybe even Europe!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Onward and
Downward

on 4/9/14 9:08 pm, edited 4/9/14 9:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Yeah, I wondered about that too - I went from stepping about 25 km a week to stepping and cycling up to 90!  So it will be fun to just go by the FitBit.  If I forget and wear it while cycling, I've also figured out how many steps (and km!) to remove from the total.  (Actually - we don't really have to do that, do we? If we're moving our legs enough for FitBit to catch it while cycling, we should be able to use those FitBit steps, right?)

Edited to add: Thank you so much for doing this, Kelly! It's been such a great motivator for me. And I admit, even though the cycling is a bit of an unfair advantage for some folks in the previous challenge, it was the challenge that partially motivated me to cycle as much as I have been in this cold weather!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active