What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 4/2/14 7:37 pm

RNY  5 Years Post Op

Morning

Looked like a beautiful day in the Toronto region yesterday....I am getting the itch to get home for good......eats are not going to be attractive today.....

EATS

B - 2 mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

B - 1 Panera cinnamon swirl bagel with honey walnut crème cheese

L - ham, cheese and pickle on an Arnolds thins

D - 1/2 Thai Crunch salad with chicken and avocado - California Pizza kitchen

S - Skinny cow fudgesicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,750,  Carbs - 174 grams, Fat - 73 grams,  Protein - 97 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one   

Sunny123
on 4/2/14 8:22 pm, edited 4/2/14 8:27 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

3 months +

No change in weight this week – again. I have been snacking on stuff and doing stupid things so again, no surprise. I really didn’t think these behaviours would creep back in so quickly. I need to get a handle on it.  I think this is a combination of the 3 month stall - late - and a few bad choices.

Steps – a horrible 5477

B- egg, back bacon

S- laughing cow French onion light, melba

Lunch –ham cheese roll up with pickle

S- sweet peppers cut up no fat cottage cheese

Dinner –Greek burger, salad, balsamic dressing

FITNESS PAL Calories 931 Carbs 40 Fat 43 Protein 88

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Onward and
Downward

on 4/2/14 9:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

5477 isn't "horrible" - it's just a little short of your goal. Don't beat yourself up too badly, I think you're doing great! And it's good that you're recognizing it when the urges and cravings start creeping back.  You'll get yourself back on track, I'm sure!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

TanyaLH
on 4/2/14 9:18 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

10 months post op

steps 15076

Morning ladies,

On the run today!! Off to Guelph for gall bladder removel follow up.

B- protein coffee cherry yogurt

L- turkey, cheese, pickle roll ups (2)

S- pure protein bar

D- turkey taco lettuce wraps (2)

S- greek yogurt with SF pudding powder.

Be well everyone

Tanya

Sunny123
on 4/2/14 9:31 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Hope the appointment goes well!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Onward and
Downward

on 4/2/14 9:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hey, I'm going to TEGH for follow up on a possible gallstone I had last week as well. :) Good luck with your appointment! I'm hoping I don't have to have mine out. The thought of another surgery really sucks.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Onward and
Downward

on 4/2/14 9:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

One of those days, is it, Barb? I had one of those the day before yesterday, despite the best laid plans! But I tracked it afterwards, and the funny thing is, I lost weight the next day. Hugely carby day. Go figure.

Yesterday, I biked 22 km to and from work, but also got a huge amount of walking in. However, I worked out a while back that for each km biked, I have to subtract about 250 steps, or 0.18 km from my fitbit total for the day if I'm counting km for TCC. So, I'm subtracting 4 km, or 5500 steps, from my total weekly km yesterday and Monday for TCC.  But even with those "fake" biking steps subtracted, I still hit over 12,000 steps otherwise!  Comes from walking home from the restaurant yesterday, which was two subway stops. 

It was an Ethiopian restaurant and I had a delicious vegetarian platter there. Discovered that the injera bread they serve with it REALLY doesn't agree with me. You're supposed to scoop up the thick lentil and pulse stews with this spongy flatbread, and normally I don't have a problem with a bit of bread, especially flatbread, but I guess because this stuff is so spongy that it filled me up too quickly. So I stopped eating after the first piece, waited for the discomfort to go away, and then just ate the rest of the stews with a fork, and then I was fine.

My Thai peanut chicken curry didn't turn out. So, for those who might want to try that recipe I posted - I followed it exactly, and it wasn't great at all, I didn't think. That's my review.  I'll have to use my Thai cookbook and try something else, I guess.  My husband said that he'll eat it, but he's sweet that way - I told him he didn't have to on my account. He said it wasn't so bad, but it didn't turn out anywhere near the way I expected (or in the pics on the site). So I guess either I did something wrong, or there was some technique somewhere left out.  I'll probably choke it down too, rather than waste 4 chicken breasts.

Today: work, then leaving early for an appointment with Dr. Cyriac about the possible gallstone episode from last week (hoping I don't have to have my gallbladder out - why else would he want to have a follow up appointment with me?), and then going to a meeting tonight.  Busy day, and I'll have lots of food prepared for it.  Not much imagination though - mostly copying yesterday's menu for during the day.

17 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Egg, fried in 1 tsp olive oil on 1 slice P28 bread

S - 1 slice of P28 bread with 1 oz Dubliner Irish cheese

L - 1 serving of homemade beef stew

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda plus 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries

D - 1 serving homemade meat lasagna

S - Bringing a Pure Protein bar to the meeting since I know I'll be hungry.

TOTALS: 116g protein, 68g fat (holy moley, that's a lot!), 84 carbs, 16g fiber, 1461 calories

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Sunny123
on 4/2/14 9:56 pm, edited 4/2/14 9:56 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Thanks for the review on the Thai Peanut Chicken - and thank you for the kind words. Was let down yesterday by some clients, I have to learn how to not take everything to heart.  This business is a nasty one and I have to get thicker skin! So I sat around and ate some BAD things.

I am back on track for today - got my treadmill and eliptical done and going to yoga tonight - my steps are 7181 already so it's a good day - if not I will make sure to make it one!!

Patm
on 4/2/14 10:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Honey walnut creme cheese sounds awesome.

When I get bored at work I shop. Usually I am pretty good about not buying. The Rack had a sale and I bought myself a machine that makes frozen fruit deserts. You add fruit and banana and it is like ice cream without the cream. I tried it with blueberries and it wasn't bad. It will be better when I can freeze fresh fruit. I never find the frozen stuff has much taste. So this is my new toy.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s hummus, carrots

l left over salad from yesterday with chicken added and saladdressing

s apple, baby bel

d ham omelette

s blueberries and banana

cal 1039, cab 92.5, prot 92.3

kristaeb
on 4/2/14 11:47 pm

Good morning Barb and everyone..Feeling blah today and dont why..Probably winter blues still lol..

B- tea and 3 oz turkey cold meat..

S- pickles and cheese string.

L- chicken chili ( home made)..

S- 4 melba rounds and laughing cow.

D- veggie omelet with some LF cheese.. 

S- not sure yet..

Have a great day  Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active