Referral

amcd1
on 4/2/14 12:01 pm

Hey Everyone,

My referral was sent weeks ago. Is there any option to contact someone other than my referring doctor confirm that the referral has gone through. I am through Hamilton if that matters.

Thank you for your time.

Amanda

Referral Date: March 18th 2014 Orientation: August 25th 2014

Hennagirliegirl
on 4/2/14 12:30 pm - Canada

There used to be a number at the registry you could call, apparently they stopped that. If your GP got a confirmation fax back fromthe registry you know you are in the system, so check with him/ her.

Lots of us got lost in the shuffle for one reason or another, it's a good idea to keep tabs on your own process.

Good luck.

Terri

Test

shoshanaApr2013
on 4/2/14 4:26 pm
You'll need to contact your doctor's office. She should have received a fax confirming that the Registry has processed your registration. If her office doesn't have it within 3 weeks something may have gone awry and you'll need the doctor's office to follow-up. I know of some people who have waited months only to discover that Registry didn't receive their info, and they had to start from scratch. Be sure to follow up on their follow up -- don't depend on anyone but yourself to make sure things have been done!

As mentioned, your doctor should receive a fax to confirm that the Registry has processed your registration. Call or visit your doctor's office and ask to see the fax and:
1) write down your Registry ID #,
2) confirm what Centre you've been assigned to (don't assume that it's the one closest to you), and
3) write down the phone number/address of the Centre (it should be on the fax but can also be found online)

Once you have your ID # call the Centre you've been assigned to and confirm with them that you're on their radar too. You can let them know that you're interested in cancellations if they come up. They might have a cancellation list or may tell you to call back once a month to check. Every Centre is different, so some don't back-fill cancelled spots, but it's worth a try!!!

Good luck!

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Needanewbeginning
on 4/3/14 12:34 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Yes, the dreaded lost registry. Been there done that. Currently my friend is going through the same thing I did. We have been emailing, following up with her Dr several times and still not getting anywhere with this registry. I actually spoke with my surgeon a couple of weeks ago.  He is the director of this program, Dr Hagen, said he knows its frustrating etc, I said its beyond that, it needs help, needs staff or maybe it's simply a matter of getting someone in there to help them sort out the mess, make this program work by filing as the patients come through the registry not letting it all pile up and pulling people from the top of the list when there are others who sent in their registry document weeks or months before. I explained to Dr Hagen I would seriously volunteer to go in to the Hamilton registry office to help them sort this out and put together a process, a REAL process of recieving and filing etc. he loved my ideas, was interested to hear what my experience was (although I explained this a year ago when I was just starting out my wls). Not sure if I am helping really, but I just want you to know, you are not alone, your concerns are real and you need to keep on it. 

Your Dr should resend your requisition again if they don't get a fax confirmation back after three weeks.  Have them make a note at the top stating its the second attempt or something to that affect. 

Still patiently waiting for my friends referal to get processed and it's been months. We will get there, just as you will too! 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Needanewbeginning
on 4/4/14 3:37 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Well, would you believe the registry just sent out 600, yes 600 registered patients to centres yesterday? Incredible. Its obvious there is a staffing issue at the registry office.

Anyway, not only did my friend finally get 'registered' she now has her orientation date for April 28th. I am looking forward to supporting her on her journey. 

For those of you waiting to hear about an orientation date, give it a couple of days, you should hear soon.

Anyone else going to the orientation at HRRH on April 28th?

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active