What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 4/1/14 8:28 pm

RNY  5 Years Post Op

Morning

My favorite golf tournament of the year begins with a kick off party tonight and thru to Sunday......eating will be difficult as well as I know I will have wine or a beer after golf and at the parties.....just going to try not to gain

STEPS - ruined my fitbit by putting it thru the washer yet again.....will order a new one when I get home

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 ham cheese pickle roll up

L - 2 scrambled eggs with 1 slice of cheese

D - 1 medium sized crab cake

3/4 cup of mixed veggies

S - couple of handfuls of popcorn

8 oz Sauvignon Blanc

S - Dannon light and fit greek yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,145,  Carbs - 71 grams,  Fat - 21 grams,  Protein - 109 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one   

Onward and
Downward

on 4/1/14 9:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

D'oh! Sorry to hear about your FitBit. That sucks. But I hope you enjoy your tournament!

Well, I'm back in the 170's again. I've been hovering around 180 for a while, up a lb, down a lb, never below 180 for the past couple of weeks. Today I'm 179.  So that's nice. Not that worried though - I've come to the conclusion that I am okay with where I am right now. When I first contemplated surgery and they asked me my goal, none of them were numbers on the scale, but I told them that if I got to 200 lbs, I would be over the moon. And at 180, that's 20 lbs under that.  I'm maintaining a weight that I feel comfortable with, I'm more active and fit than I've ever been in my life (more active than some of my thinner friends!) and I'm not feeling miserable or deprived food-wise, so I think my body's figured out where it wants to be.  I won't object if I lose more, but I don't feel like I have to.  Finished my CBT therapy yesterday at TWH, and I feel like it's really helped me figure out my head a bit, so I'm happy about that too.

Today: riding my bike to and from work (another 22 km, yay!) and going to see a friend play at a nearby bar/restaurant tonight. One I haven't been to before, actually, so that should be interesting. It's a little further down Danforth than the places I usually frequent, so it will be nice to see whether we find a new place that we like.

ALMOST 17 MONTHS POST-OP

B - 1 egg, fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 slice P28 protein bread toasted

S - 1 oz Dubliner Irish cheese (SO YUM) on 1 slice P28 bread

L - Leftover beef and sausage lasagna

S - Pure protein bar

D - Leftover crock pot beef stew

S - 1 glass of red wine at the restaurant

TOTALS: 103g protein, 49g fat, 64 carbs, 11g fiber, 1272 calories

I may have something else today depending on my hunger levels. I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to survive on this today when I'm biking so far. I'll try to add healthy stuff if anything.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 4/1/14 10:25 pm

Finding a weight that you are happy and healthy at is so important....and one that you can maintain with reasonable care.....that's great Michelle.....

Onward and
Downward

on 4/2/14 12:23 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Barb, the realization has made me very happy. I always keep in mind what Yoni Freedhoff says - something like, your healthy weight is one that you can maintain while still enjoying life.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

kristaeb
on 4/1/14 11:26 pm

Thats great...And 158 lbs loss in excellent ...I told my husband if i dont lose another pound i am fine with that. And if i gain back 10 thats ok too. I want to be able to maintain a healthy weight..Have a great day..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Onward and
Downward

on 4/2/14 12:23 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Krista - you've done very, very well - congratulations!

Patm
on 4/1/14 11:48 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You have done fantastic and look great. You look fantastic at the weight you are at. I am also so impressed with your bike riding. I am still a whimp. I hope to be able to sit on my bike by this weekend.

Onward and
Downward

on 4/2/14 12:26 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Pat, and I can say the same for you! In fact, it's hearing about you riding to work that inspired me to try it myself!  You're no wimp. Cold weather sucks. But it's warming up! By the way, my cousin just moved to your neck of the woods, so I'm hoping to ride my bike in that area to go and see her. Not looking forward to the horrid hills between my place and there!

Patm
on 4/2/14 12:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

We have used the bus with the rack on the front for going from Kingston Rd to the Danforth. I can not do the hill.

Onward and
Downward

on 4/2/14 12:39 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Yeah, there's one hill to and from work, where I walk the bike up the hill. Works for me!

Most Active