What are you doing/eating today ( Tuesday)

Patm
on 3/31/14 11:18 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

May I just say that Toronto's water department is the most screwed up department I have ever dealt with. In an effort to comply and have a water meter put in we have been through hell with them. We arranged a plumber to be at our house so they could cut off our water and have a pipe put in for the meter. When they came last August they found that our turn off was broken. We put in a work order to have it done. But our plumber had put in the copper pipe and we had the meter people in but we need to take out a shut off. This could not be done until the water turn off at the street was fixed. Forward to yesterday. They finally came without warning turned off our water and fixed the turn off. But they did not turn the water back on because no one was home. So when we phoned very annoyed they told us they would be by sometime in the next 8 hours. They came 7.5 hours later at 12:30 last night. I fell into my old habit of eating to stay awake. Not very happy with myself over that.

So now they will give me a 3-4 hour window that I have to have a plumber stand by (at an hourly rate) to do the work needed. They will charge me $150 to come turn a valve that takes them 2 minutes to do. If they are still in the area when the plumber is done they will come back. Otherwise I will have to wait the 8 hour window again.

So when we look at the money saved at city hall lets remember part of it was by not having enough staff to actually make the city work!

My rant for the day

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s apple, baby bel

l cottage cheese and zucchini bake, yogurt

s carrots hummus

d hamburger no bun will add in if I change my mind, salad

s yogurt

cal 1206, carb 71.9, prot 104

kellybelly333
on 3/31/14 11:38 pm - Toronto, Canada

HOly Cow! That's horrible!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

kellybelly333
on 3/31/14 11:25 pm - Toronto, Canada

Congrats on 5 years Barb!! And for staying on the board and keeping up with this thread. It has been helpful for me, and so many others!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

kellybelly333
on 3/31/14 11:48 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all!

Sickness is running through our house, starting with my son last Thursday night. I slept 35 minutes that night as he was sick every 40-60 minutes from 8 p.m. to about 5 a.m. Awful, awful night. Hubby's daughter is down with it now and i'm hoping it's not making it's rounds. She got it three days after he got his. So we'll see who gets it tomorrow! It's apparently everywhere!

I had my last of three iron infusions yesterday. This round has been harder on me than any others i've had. Body pain, headaches and nausea each time. I always feel 110% better the next day, so at least it doesn't last long! And I usually have a good workout the next day too...all the iron in my blood!

Oh well, hopefully with that and my girly issues under control, I might be able to maintain good iron level with FeraMax and maybe just a few infusions a year. 

Today is a big exercise day. Swim, bike and run. Did my run, bike (spin) at noon, and swim tonight. Finding time to train is already proving difficult, but I love it!

Eats for today are low in carbs, so I think i'll throw a banana in there somewhere. 

3 years post rny

B: goat yogurt mix

S: Banana

L; turkey and cheese wrap

S: queen street bread and peanut butter

D: BBQ lobster tails! I'm planning on two (we'll see if I can actually eat that much)...with becel and garlic. Kale salad. Yum!

Totals: Cal: 1,139 Carb: 75 Fat: 57 Protein: 104 Fibre: 17 Sugar: 20

lexxiblue
on 4/1/14 12:03 am
RNY on 01/11/12

CONGRATULATIONS BARB...

YOU TRULY ARE AN INSPIRATION and keep us ALL going!

I THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!!!

Sunny123
on 4/1/14 2:35 am
RNY on 12/05/13

3 months +

Happy Surgery Anniversary Barb. You’re a role model for many of us on this board. I hope you have a very special day! 

Steps – 11,419

B- premier protein shake

S- laughing cow French onion light, melba

Lunch –ham cheese roll up with pickle

S- mixed nuts

Dinner –Greek burger, salad, balsamic dressing

FITNESS PAL Calories 1070 Carbs 31 Fat 61 Protein 88

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Lorieliz
on 4/1/14 2:47 am - Canada

Maybe I can commit! :)

Congrats Barb!

It always still surprises me that I can't even eat a whole chicken breast - I wanna know how the popcorn fits!

B - Protein shake

S - Tim Horton's Medium Decaf

L - Tuna with veggies & FF Balsamic

S - Apple

D - 6" Subway Turkey breast - I usually can't eat the whole 6" at once, so I will likely scarf the rest after class

S - miniwheats & 0% yogurt

Calories 1,009  Carbs 128 Fat 13 Protein 104

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

birdiegirl
on 4/1/14 5:01 am

thanks everyone for the well wishes......the best thing I have done for continued success is to stay on OH.......it is my support group.....so I appreciate all of you too!

Needanewbeginning
on 4/1/14 8:38 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Love your posts barb. Happy surgaversary! 

Annette 🎉👍🎉

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

TanyaLH
on 4/1/14 8:32 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

HAPPY 5 YEARS BARB!!!

You are an inspiration to all!

Tanya

Most Active