What are you doing/eating today ( Monday)

birdiegirl
on 3/30/14 7:13 pm

RNY  4 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Off to meet my trainer this morning.....I credit lifting weights with my much improved golf game.....increased flexibility and general strength have made me a single digit handicap again.....

After training and some cardio....I am scheduled for a mani/pedi....out to a steak house tonight with friends......life is good and I am very fortunate

STEPS - 10,680

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Dannon light and fit greek yogurt

L - 2 ham-cheese - pickle roll ups

S - 9 triscuits with 1 oz cheese melted on top

D - 4 oz petite filet

broiled tomatoes

Glass of Malbec

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,270,  Carbs - 77 grams,  Fat - 47 grams,  Protein - 120 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one   

libra1
on 3/30/14 7:24 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.4 lbs, CW – 206.0 lbs, Total Lost - 79.4 lbs

Good morning everyone!

Today’s menu is ...

B- Oatmeal & coffee with 2% milk

Snack- Premier Protein shake

L- 1% Cottage cheese with Ketchup

S- Extra lean diced turkey and diced tomatoes

Snack- Greek yogurt

Cal-687, Carbs-43, Fat-16, Protein-98, Sugar-17, Chol-131

birdiegirl
on 3/30/14 7:27 pm

Morning Libra....You sure have found a menu that works for you.....

I approached this in a similar way as you are.....I didn't vary my menu much as what I was eating was working.......you are doing great!

libra1
on 3/30/14 7:55 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thank you for your encouragement it is very appreciated. 

Its been a hard month --- my bad habits, previous to WLS, have been screwing with my head. I've contacted my centre to be put on the waiting list for CBT. I'm fearful that if I don't deal with this now, even bigger challenges are around the corner.

The good news is ... I've just weighed myself and my current weight is now 203.0 lbs, making my total weight loss 82.4 lbs. Only 4 lbs till onehundredville!!

birdiegirl
on 3/30/14 8:25 pm

Smart to confront the head issues early....and big congrats re your loss to date

Onward and
Downward

on 3/30/14 8:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Wonderful! Congratulations on doing such a great job, and looking forward to your celebration when you hit Onederland! :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Onward and
Downward

on 3/30/14 8:54 pm, edited 3/30/14 8:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Barb, what a cheerful post. So glad things are going well for you, and that your training is making you fit, strong and agile. Makes my heart feel good reading it! Life IS good, and I feel fortunate too.

Today I'm going to ride my bike to work. Didn't get out on it all last week, despite having plans to do so this past weekend, so my TCC numbers will be lower than they have been lately. But that's okay, they'll be much better this week! I've negotiated a hour later start time (and of course an hour later leaving work time) with my supervisor so I can ride to work on nice days, and looks like lots of nice days coming, including today.  It's a 22 km round trip, so I'm hoping it will boost my TCC numbers nicely.

Not much planned tonight, but I am going to come home and make a crock pot Thai chicken and peanut curry that I found a recipe for online here. I'd make it this morning and let it simmer until I come home, but even on low heat, it only needs 5.5 hours and I don't want to wreck it. So I'll do it on high heat tonight so that I'll have the curry to eat tomorrow, and I'll eat leftover beef stew tonight for supper (also a crock pot special). Loving having so many freezer leftovers from big batches of stew, lasagna, etc. I'm factoring in a half serving of the Thai peanut chicken stew into today's food, because I know darn well that when it's done, even if it's 9 p.m., I'm gonna be having some!

16 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 fried egg in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 piece toasted P28 bread

S - 1/4 cup of homemade chicken spread, spread on 1 slice P28 bread, and also bringing 1/2 oz hazel nuts mixed with 1 tbsp reduced sugar craisins since I'll probably be needing a substantial snack after my bike ride in.

L - 1 serving of leftover homemade Italian sausage and beef lasagna (heavy on the meat, lighter on the pasta)

S - Ricotta/vanilla/stevia mix, with 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup frozen mixed berries, and I'm also bringing 1/2 a pure protein bar because I'll probably need some fortification for the ride home - will probably have that just before I leave.

D - 1 serving of leftover crock pot beef stew

S - 1/2 serving crock pot Thai peanut chicken curry, probably a glass of milk (counting it)

TOTALS: 127g protein, 65g fat (eep - all those nuts today), 103 carbs, 17g fiber, 1563 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Needanewbeginning
on 3/30/14 10:49 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Your Thai chicken recipe looks yummy. I have my list and will be grabbing the ingredients to give it a go for the family tonight. 

Thanks for sharing. 👍😄

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Patm
on 3/30/14 11:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck on your ride. That is a lot of biking. You recipe sounds great. I will have to get some of the ingredients.

Needanewbeginning
on 3/31/14 11:42 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I went out,bought all the ingredients and threw it in my crock pot. Wow, it was delish! 

Thanks again for sharing.

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active