Hamilton Surgeon/ Process started?

Lisa H.
on 3/27/14 10:24 pm - London, Ontario, Canada

So I have done the ECG (still waiting on the ultrasound).  I'm about to go and get the 29 tests for blood work tomorrow.  Really dreading and feeling very overwhelmed with the amount.  Finally got the appointment with the dietician for June.

But I just realized that I found out the name of the doctor (Dr. M. Anvari).  Has anyone had him do their surgery?  From the reviews I've read, it's been a mixed bag.

Any positive vibes or even comments if you have had him would ease my mind a little bit. 

Leanne1
on 3/28/14 12:35 am - Newmarket, Canada

I know people that have had him and they were alright with him. All surgeons do what they do.. Some are dry, some are super nice, some are grumpy, and so on... The one thing about all of them, they are good at what they do!!  

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Leafchick17
on 3/28/14 7:57 am
RNY on 04/14/14

I'm not sure exactly where you are in the process, but make sure you aren't doing your blood work too soon.  I'm with Hamilton and they don't want it done too early, they want it closer to your first appointments.

I have heard only great things about Dr. Anvari.  I'm still not sure who is doing my surgery, Dr. Anvari was listed on my blood work requisition, I had Dr. Hong do my scope and I meet Dr. Gmora on Tuesday, so who knows.

Good luck!

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

Lisa H.
on 3/31/14 6:47 am - London, Ontario, Canada

I'm just getting the tests done before meeting up with the nutritionists?  My orientation was Oct 2013, I'm at the very beginning.  I guess I was under the assumption that he was the one doing it since he was listed and never occurred that it was because he was head.  Thanks for responding and giving me info!

Lisa H.
on 3/31/14 6:52 am - London, Ontario, Canada
Lisa H.
on 3/31/14 6:55 am - London, Ontario, Canada

True, they are good at what they do.  But it's also nice to know the experiences people have had. 

bonefish
on 3/28/14 11:46 am

Anvari's name is on everything as he is the head of the program (and everything else these days).  Doesn't mean he's doing your surgery, necessarily!

Lisa H.
on 3/31/14 6:56 am - London, Ontario, Canada

I didn't realize that, thanks for letting me know!

spicy_cyn
on 3/28/14 12:16 pm - Welland, Canada

Dr. Anvari did my vgs and he was fantastic. 

Lisa H.
on 3/31/14 6:51 am - London, Ontario, Canada

Thank you for posting!  It's always nice to know what experiences people have had with doctors that are doing anything on you.  Even if it's not necessarily the one that is "suppose" to do it.

Most Active