How Long Between Meeting Surgeon and Having Surgery

bgodfrey
on 3/27/14 6:54 am - Canada

Hello Everyone,

Just at the beginning of the journey.  I have my first appointment with the social worker next week.

I was wondering how long between your last appointment with the surgeon to the time of your surgery.   I teach and the ideal time for surgery would be during a summer semester but if that doesn't happen I would need time to arrange for time off. 

Did anyone find there was any flexibility?

Thanks

Barbara

kimber291
on 3/27/14 7:14 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

The turn around time with each clinic etc is different. Some move sooner then others. Guess it depends who your going through. Could be anywhere from a few months to longer. 

Who are you going through? I went through Humber and my turn around time was rather quick. 

Good luck on your journey..

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Zizzler
on 3/27/14 7:19 am

Why not ask your centre this question next week when you are there?  They are the best source to tell you what is possible.  I have heard of some people having the process put on hold but there is no way to know how long the process will take once you start up again. Best of luck to you - I hope they are able to help.  Take care 

taniagirlca
on 3/27/14 8:43 am

I am through Ottawa and met the surgeon March 3 and still waiting for a date. Was told it would be 3-5 months wait :(

Tina G.
on 3/27/14 10:37 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14
I am going thru Humber. Surgery on the 14th of April my last surgeon appt was Dec, 15th.  Good luck on your journey.
cdnmacgirl
on 3/27/14 8:31 pm - Canada

I was talking to someone at Guelph and typically I think once you do the post op class you wait an average of 6-8 weeks to see the surgeon and then after you meet them, you wait another 6-8 weeks for surgery.

Andrea

Referral sent Feb 27, 2013 | Orientation in Guelph May 16, 2013 | First set of appointments August 19, 2013 | pre op food class August | Final sign off on Nut/SW/Nurse Jan 29 | Post Op class April 7, 2014 | Surgery with Dr Jules July 16, 2014 in Guelph

bgodfrey
on 3/28/14 9:55 am - Canada

Thanks to everyone for their responses.  Right now I am attending appointments at TWH.  I will ask that question next week as you suggest.

Thanks again

barbara

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 11:17 am

My surgery is booked for next week in Guelph. I saw my surgeon and was given a date for two weeks later! I had to start my opti the following day! Maybe I was just lucky.

Most Active