What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 3/26/14 8:29 pm, edited 3/26/14 8:30 pm

RNY  4 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Going to be an "off" eating day today for me......calories etc will be OK......but this is not the type of food I usually eat as it can cause R/H in me....and too many white carbs which stimulates my appetite....I really have no idea what dinner will be.....when I go to a restaurant I look on line....or I know the type of restaurant it is and can figure it out prior to dining......I am going to a friends house who has hired some help....I just know it will be chicken of some sort and they love mashed potatoes......going to fit a protein shake in there to ward off R/H

STEPS - approx 6000

EATS

B - 1/2 bagel with cream cheese

S - 1/2 bagel with cream cheese

L - 1/2 tuna salad wrap- small

S - Premier protein shake

D - 5 oz of chicken

couple of bites of mashed

hopefully some veggies

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,242,  Carbs - 114 grams,  Fat - 50 grams,  Protein - 90 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Onward and
Downward

on 3/26/14 9:32 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good luck with your day, Barb. That's always a pain, having to rely on others for food...can throw your day right off! It's great that you still plan around it so well.

Two days in a row planning my meals and posting them here - something's going right. Although yesterday I didn't have my planned supper. But I still was around 1500 calories for the day and not too outrageous on the carbs, so I survived the substitution.  Full day of computer training today, so I'm arming myself with snacks, since I know that the convenor is big into bringing in junky, carby snacks like donuts and muffins.  I'm bringing half a chocolatey protein bar for when everyone's eating that stuff.  And I'll be eating a hearty breakfast to ward off the late morning munchies.

16 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 piece of toasted P28 bread

S - 1 piece of P28 bread, covered in 1/4 cup of homemade chicken spread. Also, half a protein bar to munch on while other people eat junk food.

L - Homemade beef and sausage lasagna (heavy on the meat, light on the pasta) - last piece from the freezer . I'll have to make more this weekend. :)

S - 1/2 ounce hazel nuts mixed with 1 tbsp reduced-sugar craisins, and a medium carrot cut into sticks

D - Homemade African groundnut-chicken stew from the freezer (love my crockpot - the freezer yields good things for weeks after I make them!)

S - Glass of skim milk

TOTALS: 107g protein, 59g fat, 79 carbs, 14g fiber, 1332 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 3/26/14 10:56 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I love freezing foods. It is so easy to grab stuff for lunch in the morning or a quick dinner.

birdiegirl
on 3/26/14 11:24 pm

Michelle your menu looks delicious today....enjoy

Sunny123
on 3/26/14 9:38 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Good morning Barb!

Planning is so key. It plays a big part in my day now and it is a good thing. A good habit to get into.

Weigh in day for me. I am up a pound and not surprised nor am I alarmed. I know next week will bring a good loss. Funny how the scales can fluctuate from day to day.

b premier protein shake

s baby bel cheese turkey pepperoni

l ham cheese roll up

s mixed nuts

d roasted chicken salad balsamic dressing

cal 1000 carbs 19 fat 56 protein 104

have a great day!

jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 3/26/14 11:25 pm

Glad there is no panic with the scales....salt alone can put me up several pounds.....you are doing all the right things....

Patm
on 3/26/14 11:01 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. It is funny how judgmental I have become of other peoples food choices. I listened to someone yesterday talk of all the crap they had eaten and it made me annoyed. This morning I realised I have no reason to feel so high and mighty since my choices lately have been really bad. SO today I will keep reminding myself of that person and why I need to make better choices. When i gain it is all in my abdomen and my pants today are feeling a little tight.

b greek yogurt, granola

s apple, baby bel

l chicken stew, yogurt

s 2 laughing cow and melba toast

d chicken in salad

s not sure. But hope to be better than lately

cal 877, carb 72.7, prot 69.8

birdiegirl
on 3/26/14 11:32 pm

Pat that is so true re feelings of superiority re our food choices......I am much better on this now.....and hopefully much milder on this forum re food selections.....we all have our choices to make...its our life and our consequences......

I used to get so upset when I saw what I determined was poor food choices for someone during the honeymoon stage....I just hated to see them "waste" the opportunity -which I realized at several years out was a once in a lifetime chance to get as much weight off as possible....

...Now I realize we all don't make the same choices or care whether we get to a "goal"....that it isn't my problem .... took me a long time to get to this point in understanding.....so though I may shake my head at some people and what they consume....or their attitude....its not my issue....its theirs and their decisions to live with...and if they are happy that's all that matters

Patm
on 3/26/14 11:35 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Barb. I guess it is like most reformed people. We tend to feel better about ourselves.

kellybelly333
on 3/27/14 12:14 am - Toronto, Canada

Good morning,

Went to the gym this morning to do a swim workout. I'm just getting to breakfast now (having another protein sugar-free muffin thingy...not great tasting, but holy cow does it fill me up)

3 years post-rny

B; protein muffin

S: goat yogurt mix

L: turkey and cheese wrap

S: queen st bread and peanut butter

D: chicken leg with steamed kale

Totals aren't terrible, but could be higher everywhere

Calories: 1,031 Carb: 59 Fat: 60 Protein: 88 FIbre: 20 Sugar: 30

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active