Surgery Postponed AGAIN

Tina G.
on 3/26/14 4:41 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Hey there, I feel your pain. I went for pre op at Humber on the 18th and during the call I received a call from the Dr's office telling me my surgery that was booked for the 9th had to be rebooked for the 14th. So I am one day ahead of you. I don't start my opti till this coming Monday however, the 31st. Just out of curiousity having to buy more Opti because of something they caused, did you have to pay for it? Or did they give it to you this time. Doesn't seem right to me that you would have to shell out more money when it's their mistake...Time will fly, that's what I keep telling myself......where in Ontario are you from? I'm a little outside of Peterborough.

lalalalaura13
on 3/26/14 5:32 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi Tina

There's good news and bad news about the Opti - I talked to one of the dieticians at TWH and she said I could have some of the extra Opti they have at their offices.  They told me they have about a weeks' worth but I need more so I will have to order and pay for the rest.  I'm in Toronto.  I have to say - I'm glad I came to this website - I found out about the DaVinci sugar-free syrups that you can get at Lowcarbgrocery.com - they make the shakes a little more bearable.  And even still, I'm not overly crazy about them - but I can tolerate them.  I'm about 3 1/2 weeks into them - and haven't cheated at all - feeling pretty proud of myself.  I don't know where this will power is coming from but it's there and I've harnessed it! LOL

Tina G.
on 3/26/14 5:40 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Wow I really don't think that's fair making you spend more money. it's not cheap. Thank God you are in Toronto so u can at least go there easier than some of us. You have been on Opti for quite a long time, am I right? You know you can add Crystal Light to them, cinnamon, decaf coffee granules, and I'm told from other's that if you mix it with water and lots of ice then out it a blender its much better????

Does TWH allow you to have broth and cucumbers, broccoli and lettuce up to 2 cups of those veggies a day. Just thought I would let you know about that. How much weight have you lost thus far on the Opti?

Know that I am thinking of you.

NorthernStar
on 3/26/14 9:27 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Sorry to hear you are postponed again, that is so frustrating. It will all be worth it when you're out of surgery, healthy and feeling good! Hang in there, I know it's tough.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Mary A.
on 3/27/14 1:53 am

it will be worth the wait and of course they want you to be free of any potential viruses in your body to ensure that you won't be susceptible to something more serious.  All the best...

44lbs already lost  AWESOME~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active