Surgery Postponed AGAIN

lalalalaura13
on 3/25/14 10:29 pm - Toronto, Canada

So I'm frustrated (naturally) but there's nothing I can do - as the anaesthesiologist said yesterday at my pre-op appointment - it's for the sake of my health that the surgery is being postponed.  I'm just getting over bronchitis and finished my antibiotics on Sunday (which I told him).  He looked at me and immediately said "I can't clear you for surgery for at least 3 weeks".  UGGGGGGGGHHHH.  I understand why - but it's still frustrating.  I was worried about not getting a new surgery date until May or June at that point but when I got home in the afternoon, fortunately Dr. Rotstein's office called and said he's available on the 15th so I'm now scheduled in for the 15th.  At least I'm not waiting longer than 3 weeks.  But....I have to order more OptiFast.  Great.  Another few weeks of shakes.  I really miss chewing! LOL  But...the silver lining....I'll probably lose another 10-20 lbs - and hey....since meeting with Dr. Rotstein in early December (when I was last weighed)....I've lost a total of 44 lbs!  I couldn't believe it!

Catw
on 3/25/14 10:51 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Sorry you have to go through the delay, but it will make for a safer surgery.  And it will make for a speedier recovery.  If you go in recovering from Bronchitis and try to do this, it will be that much more your body has to deal with.  The 15th will come quick, you'll see.

Cathy

Patm
on 3/25/14 11:30 pm, edited 3/25/14 11:31 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am sorry to hear this. The waiting can be hard. But now you will be healthier with hopefully a really small liver from all the opti. LOL

kimmekat will be at St Mikes with you the same day

lalalalaura13
on 3/26/14 12:50 am - Toronto, Canada

Is that usual? I see from the surgery list that Kimmekat is also with Dr. Rotstein - the exact same surgeon as mine.  Do they do more than one surgery a day?

Patm
on 3/26/14 1:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I believe they do 2 a day.

bonefish
on 3/26/14 7:39 am

Some will do 4 or even 5 a day!

Kimmiekat
on 3/26/14 1:14 am

That really sucks that they postponed it again!!!! That's my biggest fear, that it will NEVER happen......I probably feel that way until they wheel me into the OR!! But, if it's any constellation, my surgery is the same day! Hope this doesn't happen again, and I'll see you on the 15th!!

Kim

Referral~March 5/13 Orientation~Apr 24/13 SW~June 10/13 RN~Aug 7/13 Sleep Clinic~ Aug 16/13 Sleep Dr~ Sept 3/13 Nut Class~Oct 1/13 Dietician/2nd Sleep Clinic~Nov 1/13 Psych~Nov 8/13 2nd Sleep Dr~Dec 3/13 Surgeon~Dec 6/13 Surgery~Apr 15/14

lalalalaura13
on 3/26/14 1:21 am - Toronto, Canada

I wonder if we'll be sharing a room - my insurance covers a semi-private. How about you?

Kimmiekat
on 3/26/14 1:45 am

Mine covers it as well. I guess I could ask when I go for my PATTS on april 3? How long did your appt take? Mine is at 10:15 and I start work at around 2pm at Queen and Roncesvalles, I'm just wondering if I should book off just in case.

Referral~March 5/13 Orientation~Apr 24/13 SW~June 10/13 RN~Aug 7/13 Sleep Clinic~ Aug 16/13 Sleep Dr~ Sept 3/13 Nut Class~Oct 1/13 Dietician/2nd Sleep Clinic~Nov 1/13 Psych~Nov 8/13 2nd Sleep Dr~Dec 3/13 Surgeon~Dec 6/13 Surgery~Apr 15/14

lalalalaura13
on 3/26/14 5:28 am - Toronto, Canada

My appointment was at 10:15 too - got there a little earlier though.  I was there until around 1:30 I think.  There was some waiting around for my bloodwork to be done and more waiting for the GP to come in and see me.  I didn't meet with the anaesthesiologist until the very end of it all - only to be told that I would have wait 3 more weeks.  Frustrating but there's nothing I can do - for the sake of my health, I'd rather wait 3 weeks and hope that I don't get sick again.  LOL  The nurse I met with was super nice - Marianne I think her name is. 

Most Active